Food Ingredients Sales Account Manager-US Midwest/Southern Region
FOOD INGREDIENTS SALES ACCOUNT MANAGER-Midwest/Southern Region
AAK USA Inc. is a global leader with over 100 years of history in producing and selling value-adding vegetable oil solutions for food and non-food applications. Our products go into food market sectors such as plant-based foods, bakery, dairy, confectionary, and infant nutrition, and our non-food applications include fats and oils for use in personal care products, candles, animal feed, and much more. AAK has industry leading products, services and technologies that enable our customers to succeed. We have a proven track record of working side by side with our customers to create solutions that work. Please visit our website at www.aak.com
We are currently seeking a Food Ingredients Sales Account Manager. This position is responsible for managing and growing the Midwest/Southern USA geographic territory, establishing, maintaining and cultivating business/customer relations, collaborating with technical people to develop new solutions and managing pricing and profitability.
This person should currently live in OH, IN, KY or TN.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Maintaining and growing value-based customer relationships that will make AAK a trusted partner with its chosen customers and will translate into meeting or exceeding annual sales budgets.
- Generating new leads and profitable business opportunities
- Formulating pricing / negotiate contracts and supply agreements
- Working with customer Product Development personnel to identify new value added business opportunities
- Working with sourcing & trading group to provide raw material market information and/or presentations to customers
- Penetrating customer functional areas inclusive of Product Development/R&D and Procurement
- Working closely with customers to uncover solutions to challenges around formulations
- Aligning AAK US or global technical resources with our customers technical groups on a select basis
- Preparing annual territory strategic plans to execute upon organizational goals
- Preparing Account Plans for all key accounts in the territory
- Meeting or exceeding financial targets
- Providing technical and commercial feedback to customers as needed
- Managing territory travel and expense vs budget
- Providing accurate forecasts for customer needs
Customer Service Support
- Working with quality and customer service to help resolve customer complaints and problems as required
- Close interaction with Customer Service to ensure customer expectations are seamlessly met
- Assisting in the collection of Past Due Invoices
- Investigating invoices against customer PO discrepancies
- Business development activities to uncover new segments and channels
- Collecting market related data as needed Training as required
- BA/BS degree, MBA preferred
- 5+ Years’ experience in specialty food ingredients or specialty chemicals sales.
- Experience selling in the South Central USA territory
- Exceptional “hunting” skills
- Excellent problem solving, relationship building / internal and external
- Demonstrated strong customer relations skills
- Highly effective organization and planning skills
- A willingness to learn, grow and try new things
- Entrepreneurial thinker
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.
AAK USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to workforce diversity. EOE. M/F/D/V.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.