Industrial Process Engineer
AAK is proud to be the world’s leading producer of specialty vegetable fats. Through our unique co-development approach we develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, Chocolate & Confectionery, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
AAK employ more than 3,000 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.
AAK Hull is located in the heart of an area enjoying significant redevelopment and investment.
The Port of Hull is being established as a world-class centre for renewable energy and manufacturing, and at AAK we feel proud to be part of this important industrial renaissance for Yorkshire and the UK.
At our recently upgraded site at King George Dock we operate the UK’s largest refinery for edible oils and fats. We supply businesses in the sectors of food manufacturing, baking, foodservice and retail, and we work closely with customers to co-develop bespoke products.
About the role
AAK are seeking to appoint an Industrial Process Engineer to be responsible for engineering out waste and inefficiency in manufacturing processes. Designing efficient systems that integrate workers, information, machines, energy and materials to make products or provide services. The Industrial Process Engineer will also aid with the design of equipment to minimise production issues and costs while ensuring products meet quality standards. They will design, develop and maintain manufacturing routes to maximize effectiveness, efficiency and space. The Industrial Process Engineer will also make sure the company complies with all industry standards for safety while meeting design standards and guidelines. They will also work in a support role as required by identifying manufacturing improvements through optimisation and continuous improvement.
- Review production information to understand methods and activities in manufacturing and services.
- Identify bottlenecks in manufacturing processes.
- Design control systems to minimise and resolve manufacturing issues.
- Create systems to ensure all products meet quality control standards.
- Develop standards for production and design by working with clients and management
- Assess processes, take measurements and interpret data.
- Design, run, test and upgrade systems and processes.
- Design and perform process simulations.
- Develop best practice, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates quality of output, yields and energy efficiency.
- Manage cost and time constraints.
- Perform risk assessments & HAZOPs.
- Participate in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects.
- Support Engineers on manufacturing reliability improvements
- Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering - Essential
- Industrial Engineering experience – Essential.
- Knowledge of process related standards.
- Excellent technical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal.
- Experience in process simulations.
- Analytical problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations.
- Knowledge of production processes, costs, quality control, raw materials and other methods for maximising the efficient manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Advanced knowledge of machines and tools, their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Ability to design and understand precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
- Knowledge of the ways various systems interact and how changes in operations, the environment and other conditions will affect outcome
In return AAK offer:
- 10% non-contribution pension.
- Bonus scheme.
- UK Healthcare scheme.
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays.
- Group life cover.
- Group income protection scheme.
- Ride2Work scheme.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.