Instrument and Controls Technician
ELECTRICAL INSTRUMENT and CONTROLS TECHNICIAN
AAK has been Making Better Happen for 150 years.
Everything AAK does is about Making Better Happen within the Chocolate & Confectionary, Bakery, Dairy, Candles, Plant-Based Foods, Special Nutrition, Foodservice and Personal Care industries. AAK specializes in plant-based and organic oils that are sourced sustainably. AAK innovates new formulas and provides ingredients to major manufacturers to make chocolate silkier, plant-based burgers juicer, bakery products and pizza crusts flakier and crisper, candles burn better.
At the heart of AAK is our Passionate, Collaborative, Accountable and Agile team Making Better Happen. We are innovating and manufacturing ingredients for food products that people love to consume, candles, personal care products like lotions and lip balms, even infant nutrition formula and adult specialty nutrition drinks.
Join our 3,900 colleagues throughout the world who are dedicated to Making Better Happen with diversity and inclusion, community relations and environmental responsibility.
Visit us at www.aak.com
AAK in 60 Seconds - Play Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tomfOX1x2q4
We are currently seeking to hire an Electrical Instrument and Controls Technician for our The
manufacturing facility in Port Newark, NJ.
The Electrical Instrument and Controls Technician is involved with the successful daily operation of oil refining facility and the modification and alteration of the plant automated controls and power systems (to 480VAC) to accommodate business needs and high plant availability. This requires close collaboration with other employees and the maintenance manager to assure safe work and to set or re-set job priorities. There are no formal reports for this position with the exception of work documentation as required to document changes in plant physical or logic changes and documentation to meet our goals of safety first, quality work and compliance with our customers’ requirements and concerns.
- Monitors, repairs, maintains and troubleshoots all field instrumentation, electrical equipment and controls systems including plant safety systems and plant power systems.
- Installs, loop checks, maintains and troubleshoots process control systems comprised of transmitters, controllers, and valves operating in a PLC system.
- Calibrates, monitors, repairs, maintains and documents all field instruments such as transmitters, controllers, valves, PLCs, plant safety systems, plant power systems, utility systems (HVAC), pH and conductivity meters
- Installs, maintains, and troubleshoots electrical distribution and protection circuits up to 480VAC.
- Fabricates and installs rigid and flexible conduit, and run power and control wiring based on electrical code requirements
- Properly selects, installs and wires 120V-480V motors, single phase to three phase based on needs
- Evaluates current instrumentation technology for process equipment ,and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Ensures all work orders are completed, documented and closed out in the site CMMS system, as per procedure.
- Scopes, estimates, and executes small capital / maintenance projects along with maintenance manager/ project director/ operations, etc.
- Oversee the work by contractors as required on site to assure safe and quality performance.
- High School Diploma or GED with at least 10 years I&E (I&C) experience in a chemical, food, pharmaceutical manufacturing environment. Familiarity with PLC based controls systems such as GE or Allen Bradley in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong working knowledge of National Electrical Code (NFPA 70)
- Ability to analyze and interpret technical problems related to instrumentation or PLC logic.
- Ability to read and understand company policies and procedures, technical datasheets or literature, P&IDs, electrical drawings (One-line drawings, loop drawings, control circuits, etc)
- Ability to effectively present information either verbally or via written document (e-mail, MS Word/Excel, CMMS, etc) and respond to questions from groups of managers, co-workers, customers, and the general work force.
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts to practical situations.
- Preferred: New Jersey Licensed Electrician (or working towards license)
- Preferred: ISA Certification (Certified Control System Technician, Certified Industrial Electrician, Certified Instrument Technician)
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.
AAK USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to workforce diversity. EOE. M/F/D/V.
AAK Making Better Careers Happen™
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.