Recently acquired BD Foods in Hastings join AAK International, as part of the Global Foodservice Group. Established in 2001 with a growing portfolio of over 3,000 products, BD Foods is a producer of tailor-made restaurant quality meal accompaniments.
AAK is proud to be the world’s leading producer of specialty vegetable fats. Through our unique co-development approach, we develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, Chocolate & Confectionery, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
AAK employ more than 3,000 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.
About the role:
The successful candidate will lead the organisation’s manufacturing functions so that all production activities meet the organisation’s short and long-term business objectives, and are conducted in accordance with the relevant health, safety, environmental, and quality standards. They will contribute to strategic planning and decision-making at the executive level to develop and implement production systems and processes that align with the organisation’s overall vision and its current and long-term business objectives.
- Contribute to strategic planning and decision-making at the executive level to develop and implement production systems and processes that align with the organisation’s overall vision and its current and long-term business objectives
- Participate in setting production budgets and ensure these are adhered to; monitor the cost and effectiveness of production activities to optimize resources, prioritise spending, and achieve volume, quality, and manufacturing standards
- Research, evaluate, and recommend investments in technology, capital, equipment, systems, or other assets that will enhance the organisation’s manufacturing capabilities
- Participate in the selection, and management of ongoing relationships with, external suppliers of machinery, equipment and engineering supplies to ensure the organisation receives satisfactory standards of service
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of managers and other professionals to ensure that the manufacturing activities meet established targets and standards, including completion of Production Managers Personal Development Plans with an emphasis on people development
- Analyse production, maintenance, and malfunction records to identify problems and recommend solutions that will improve performance; lead projects to implement solutions
- Liaise with functional or operational area managers to understand their current and future product needs and develop plans, cost estimates, and schedules for integrating these needs into existing manufacturing activities
- Ensure site standards and procedures are adhered to; understand the requirements for BRC and maintain standards required for AA status
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience
- Knowledge of organisational standards, procedures and policies in manufacturing activities and ability to plan, guide, and monitor manufacturing processes for compliance
- Knowledge of the day-to-day operations of a manufacturing plant or facility; ability to implement, manage and monitor daily operations of a manufacturing plant or facility. FMCG experience advantageous
- Experience of managing projects to improve production performance
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills; effective communicator across all levels
- Experience leading or managing a team
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Self-motivated, must be able to work on own initiative
- Knowledge of Food Safety and H&S practices
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise workloads
- Strong team player
- A track record in achieving results through coaching, motivating and developing a team to improve engagement and meet increasing production demands
- Continuous Improvement initiatives that develop and implement systems and procedures to drive and improve operational efficiencies
- FMCG experience advantageous.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.