3rd Shift Production Supervisor
3rd SHIFT PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR-Louisville, KY
AAK has been Making Better Happen for 150 years.
Visit us at www.aak.com
Join our global Production Team at Louisville!
Everything we do is about Making Better Happen within the Chocolate & Confectionary, Bakery, Dairy, Candles, Plant-Based Foods, Special Nutrition, Foodservice and Personal Care industries. AAK specializes in plant-based and organic oils that are sourced sustainably. AAK innovates new formulas and provides ingredients to major manufacturers to make chocolate silkier, plant-based burgers juicer, bakery products and pizza crusts flakier and crispier, and candles burn better.
At the heart of AAK is our Passionate, Collaborative, Accountable and Agile team Making Better Happen. We are innovating and manufacturing ingredients for food products that people love to consume, candles, personal care products like lotions and lip balms, even infant nutrition formula and adult specialty nutrition drinks.
Join our 3,900 colleagues throughout the world who are dedicated to Making Better Happen with diversity and inclusion, community relations and environmental responsibility.
AAK in 60 Seconds - Play Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tomfOX1x2q4
We are currently seeking to hire a 3rd Shift Production Supervisor for our Louisville, KY manufacturing site. This position is responsible for coordinating the activities of the roller operator, belt line operator and tank room operator. They are also responsible for tracking products ran from the schedule, the enforcement of company rules, ensuring that all employees are working safely, tracking product rates, training new employees, and keeping the workplace in a clean and orderly manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures each employee is working in a safe environment and have each employee understand job safety is job priority number one
- Oversees production personnel, processes and productivity
- Estimates product status and completion of schedule
- Oversees and estimate staffing needs to maintain production productivity
- Looks for better ways to be more proficient, efficient and cost effective in staffing personnel, the cross training of personnel to fill in without the use of overtime
- Responsible for making sure employees are trained properly, job knowledgeable and able to perform job adequately to provide customers a superior product
- Executes work in a safe and expedient manner according to the following priorities:
- Reports safety hazards and issues
- Educates and motivates personnel about safety in Safety Is Job Priority Number One
- Presents ideas for a safer work environment such as improvement to processes
- Provides practical solutions to operations /controls problems.
- Trains employees in light of their needs and company needs.
- Looks for opportunities to help work get done safer, faster and more cost effective.
- Monitors the pack schedule for product changes.
- Keeps track of product rates.
- Assigns job duties as needed.
- Keeps hourly rates and amounts of products packed and also track down time.
- Enforces non-compliance procedures (safety issues/ideas, production status, employee issues, equipment issues & other plant related issues.
- 3- 5 years industrial maintenance experience
- College degree preferred in a manufacturing discipline (engineering, manufacturing technology, etc.)
- Ability to lead and motivate others
- Ability to manage the training of employees in plant activities
- Good math and reasoning ability.
- Able to apply general mathematical calculations, analysis of variance, as well as geometry, and other basic standard equations as required. Able to understand and utilize engineering drawings is helpful.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.
AAK promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status and any class of discrimination under state and federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.
AAK Making Better Careers Happen
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.