AAK is proud to be the world’s leading producer of specialty vegetable fats. Through our unique co-development approach we develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, Chocolate & Confectionery, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
AAK employ more than 3,500 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.
AAK Hull is located in the heart of an area enjoying significant redevelopment and investment.
The Port of Hull is being established as a world-class centre for renewable energy and manufacturing, and at AAK we feel proud to be part of this important industrial renaissance for Yorkshire and the UK.
At our recently upgraded site at King George Dock we operate the UK’s largest refinery for edible oils and fats. We supply businesses in the sectors of food manufacturing, baking, foodservice and retail, and we work closely with customers to co-develop bespoke products.
About the role
AAK are seeking to appoint a Manufacturing Planner to join a successful team in Hull. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating production plans to ensure OTIF targets are achieved. The successful candidate will manage and monitor inventory levels based on forecast and daily fluctuations, securing a continuous supply to all customers both internally and externally.
- Supply daily production plans for the processing plants in the factory to contribute to achieving the required service levels and working within known constraints such as; manpower and downtime planned for preventative maintenance.
- Review plans and adjust daily to support production management to achieve customer demand.
- Maintain master data in SAP.
- Monitor, record and communicate adherence to the plan, whilst monitoring stock levels (both component and finished goods) based on customer needs.
- Optimise schedules to ensure optimum allocation of resources and working capital.
- Regular and effective communication with relevant Stakeholders.
- Provide shop floor orders to the relevant departments on a shift-by-shift basis.
- Previous experience working in a planning capacity (Experience working within FMCG / Chemical / Petrochem advantageous).
- Experience working in fast paced and challenging environment dealing with multiple Stakeholders.
- Previous experience using and implementing SAP desirable
- Previous ERP experience
- Six sigma desirable (Mini tab)
- Highly computer literate (Microsoft packages)
- Able to work to and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
In return AAK offer:
- 10% non-contribution pension.
- Bonus scheme.
- UK Healthcare scheme.
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays.
- Group life cover.
- Group income protection scheme.
- Ride2Work scheme.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.