Bakery Operative - Grade 2
AAK is proud to be the world’s leading producer of specialty vegetable fats. Through our unique co-development approach we develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, Chocolate & Confectionery, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
AAK employ more than 3,000 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.
AAK Hull is located in the heart of an area enjoying significant redevelopment and investment.
The Port of Hull is being established as a world-class centre for renewable energy and manufacturing, and at AAK we feel proud to be part of this important industrial renaissance for Yorkshire and the UK.
At our recently upgraded site at King George Dock we operate the UK’s largest refinery for edible oils and fats. We supply businesses in the sectors of food manufacturing, baking, Foodservice and retail, and we work closely with customers to co-develop bespoke products.
About the role
Reporting to the Area Shift Leader, the aim of the role is to deliver the product of the right quality, at the right time, in the right quantity for the right cost in a safe and effective manner. This is a Grade 2 Operator role and will be part of our Bakery department, the role will operate on a 4 on, 4 off shift pattern.
- The safe operation of equipment by participating in risk assessments for area of responsibility, keeping areas clean and tidy and ensuring that operations are carried out according to the relevant SOP’s and safe working procedures.
- Loading and unloading vehicles with finished goods, using a FLT.
- The set-up and operation of the line to the correct standards through adherence to SOP’s, maintenance of line throughput's to standards and ensuring general maintenance and hygiene standards of equipment are upheld.
- Completion of actions derived from the identification of line losses – to identify line losses, inform Area Shift Leader and identify improvements to equipment and participate in Lean activity.
- Adhere to relevant procedures to ensure successful completion of maintenance duties and changeovers.
You should also possess the following skills and experience:
- Experience of working in a continuous improvement environment.
- FLT license/experience essential
- Effective communication skills.
- Effective planning and organisational skills.
- Experience within a similar role.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
In return AAK offer:
- 10% non-contribution pension.
- Bonus scheme.
- UK Healthcare scheme.
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays.
- Group life cover.
- Group income protection scheme.
- Ride2Work scheme.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.