Project Manager, New Product Development
AAK is proud to be the world’s leading producer of specialty vegetable fats. Through our unique co-development approach we develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, Chocolate & Confectionery, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
AAK employ more than 3,500 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.
Advanced Lipids is a joint venture of AAK. Advanced lipids manufactures and markets INFAT®, a specialized fat ingredient for infant formulas that has been proven in the market for more than a decade. INFAT® is an enzymatically modified oil in order to obtain and oil more close to mother milk with related nutritional benefits for the infant.
About the role
AAK are seeking to appoint a passionate Project Manager, New Product Development, to report directly to the Senior Manager New Product Development in the Global Special Nutrition business area. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the business in the development and implementation of new products of AAK’s joint venture Advanced Lipids.
- Manage projects to co-develop and implement new products for Advanced Lipids within time and budget
- Develop new concepts and ingredients from laboratory to production
- Align work and progress with stakeholders (i.e. Advanced Lipids, AAK and Business area Special Nutrition)
- Generate ideas for new innovations based on customer insights
- Assist in AAK Special Nutrition development projects (non- Advanced Lipid)
- Keep update of patents concerning beta-palmitate (OPO) and related technologies
- Masters or PhD Degree in Chemistry or Biotechnology
- At least 5 – 10 years of working experience in the Food industry, preferably in the development of nutritional ingredients
- Proven experience of working with enzymes
- Previous experience in a complex working environment, managing new development projects
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Result oriented and pragmatic individual
- Willingness to travel to the production and trial facility in Sweden
In return AAK offer:
- A challenging position in a fast-growing business area
- A pragmatic environment
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Company bonus scheme
- A culture that invests and promotes, growth and development
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.