MAINTENANCE TECHNICIANS-Louisville, KY
Join our Global Team at our Louisville, KY Manufacturing Facility
AAK has been Making Better Happen for 150 years.
Everything AAK does is about Making Better Happen within the Chocolate & Confectionary, Bakery, Dairy, Candles, Plant-Based Foods, Special Nutrition, Foodservice and Personal Care industries. AAK specializes in plant-based and organic oils that are sourced sustainably. AAK innovates new formulas and provides ingredients to major manufacturers to make chocolate silkier, plant-based burgers juicer, bakery products and pizza crusts flakier and crisper, candles burn better.
At the heart of AAK is our Passionate, Collaborative, Accountable and Agile team Making Better Happen. We are innovating and manufacturing ingredients for food products that people love to consume, candles, personal care products like lotions and lip balms, even infant nutrition formula and adult specialty nutrition drinks.
Sustainability is at the heart of our purpose and embedded in all parts of the AAK value chain. We call this “Making Better Happen – from plant to brand” and this is reflected in our updated framework for sustainability – the House of Sustainability.
Join our 3,900 colleagues throughout the world who are dedicated to Making Better Happen with diversity and inclusion, community relations and environmental responsibility.
Visit us at www.aak.com
AAK in 60 Seconds - Play Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tomfOX1x2q4
We are currently seeking Maintenance Technicians for our vegetable oil refinery in Louisville, KY. Maintenance Technicians are responsible for the corrective and preventive maintenance and repair of all rotational equipment under the direction of the Manager of Maintenance and Reliability
- Maintains and troubleshoots PLCs, wiring and field devices.
- Programs PLC logic for process changes and improvements.
- Installs, maintains and troubleshoots single and three phase industrial motors, VFDs, electrical distribution and protection circuits up to 480VAC.
- Installs, maintains and troubleshoots packaging equipment, conveyor systems, steam and condensate systems, pumps and piping systems, and refrigeration systems
- Ability to read and interpret P&Ids, ladder logic and electrical schematics.
- Maintains Facilities; lighting, windows, doors, roofs, etc.
- Execution of capital and maintenance projects.
- Performs and develops preventive/ predictive maintenance programs
- Performs routine corrective maintenance
- Provides practical solutions to operations/ controls problems.
- Scopes, estimates and executes small capital / maintenance projects along with maintenance manager/ project director/ operations, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years industrial maintenance experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Certification in welding (Preferred)
- Certification in electrical with emphasis on industrial (Preferred)
- General knowledge of automation, PLCs, ladder logic, etc… (Preferred)
- General knowledge of packaging equipment (Preferred)
- General knowledge of conveyor systems (Preferred)
- General knowledge of heating and air-conditioning
- Certification in refrigeration, both freon and ammonia (Preferred)
- General knowledge of plumbing and pipefitting (Preferred)
- Good math and reasoning ability.
- Able to apply general mathematical calculations, analysis of variance, as well as geometry, and other basic standard equations as required. Able to understand and utilize engineering drawings is helpful.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship
AAK promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status and any class of discrimination under state and federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in it’s programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.
AAK Making Better Careers Happen™
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.