Food Quality Assurance Administrator
FOOD QUALITY ASSURANCE ADMINISTRATOR-Hillside, NJ
AAK has been Making Better Happen for 150 years.
Visit us at aakfoodservice.com
Great opportunity to join the Team at our Hillside, NJ US Headquarters!
Everything we do is about Making Better Happen within the ever-expanding foodservice segment. AAK Foodservice is a global manufacturer with a regional focus, offering a broad portfolio ranging from sauces, dressings, mayonnaise and margarine to specialty fats and oils for a wide variety of cooking applications and food styles. Our complete foodservice portfolio uses only the finest ingredients and adheres to the highest quality standards, offering plant-based products and sustainable options.
At the heart of AAK Foodservice is our Passionate, Collaborative, Accountable and Agile team Making Better Happen. We believe that in order to grow, our customers must grow. As a result, customer satisfaction is a key component of our company culture. This translates into our commitment to assist our customers in achieving their goals. We offer our products and services to a variety of customers and have the people and knowledge to address each of their unique needs. From resolving application concerns through technical support to providing consistent and on time deliveries, all of the associates at AAK Foodservice are highly customer focused.
AAK Foodservice is a global manufacturer with a regional focus, offering a broad portfolio ranging from sauces, dressings, mayonnaise and margarine to specialty fats and oils for a wide variety of cooking applications and food styles. Our complete foodservice portfolio uses only the finest ingredients and adheres to the highest quality standards, offering plant-based products and sustainable options.
With a dedicated cross-functional team, we specialize in co-development to create custom products and applications based on customer specifications. Our customer-centric approach emphasizes culinary, marketing and customer innovation to determine the best solution for their menu needs. AAK is focused on building lasting relationships, allowing our customers to differentiate themselves in the market.
AAK Foodservice is committed to your success. We have a collaborative, relationship-oriented team environment, that has a small company feel with opportunities to have an impact throughout the company and the world.
We are currently seeking to hire a Food Quality Assurance Administrator for our food manufacturing facility in Hillside, NJ.
The Quality Assurance Administrator will be responsible for implementation and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements while exceeding all current BRC standards. This position is responsible for directing and monitoring overall operational leadership in the planning and managing of all quality systems and activities. All of this needs to be accomplished while keeping safety as a primary objective and following established GMP, Quality, Regulatory, Safety, and AAK Foodservice procedures and policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains and updates current Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) plan
- Responsible for daily monitoring, reviewing, and approving of HACCP and quality documentation to ensure full compliance with applicable regulations.
- Identifies and diagnoses areas for corrective actions and follow up on them through to completion and maintenance of correction
- Responsible for the implementation and monitoring of Micro and Lab analysis with complete adherence to all policies
- Ensures full and thorough compliance with all current regulatory standards by consistently staying up-to-date on changes to governing laws and regulations in the food industry
- Provides coaching and training assistance to Quality Assurance Technicians to ensure they are properly educated on our policies and procedures as they continue to develop and evolve.
- Actively leads and/or participates in all internal, regulatory and BRC audit activities, including but not limited to GMP, Recall & Traceability, and Safety.
- Generates lists of corrective actions, assign responsibilities for corrective actions to appropriate personnel, schedule and lead periodic status meeting to ensure all pre and post audit requirements are met
- Reviews and maintains up-to-date documentation for all company manual quality programs to include policies, procedures, forms, work instructions, and programs. It is expected that all programs will meet or exceed customer and regulatory requirements, including, but not limited to, HAACP, GMP, BRC, Sanitation, and Food Safety.
- Regularly conducts internal audits of the entire facility for quality and food safety standards ensuring that all documentation, programs, and policies are being maintained to the highest standards and continuously improved upon as we advance and enhance our QA programs
- Ensures proper document control through recording and maintaining all released document changes including, but not limited to, policies, procedures, work orders, technical specifications, work instructions, technical specification sheets, etc, while managing appropriate access for other departments
- Coordinates annual program meetings including, but not limited to, HACCP & Food Security Plan
- Coordinates with appropriate agencies, departments, and AAK Foodservice employees to ensure that all annual permits and registrations, included but not limited to, FDA Registration, Health Service Permit, Water reporting, etc., are filed and up to date
- Provides training to all facility managers and supervisors on our quality standards and processes and implement a monitoring system for ensuring they continue to perform to the expected standard and promote the same quality adherence among their staff
- Conducts the functions of the Quality Assurance Manager in their absence
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2- 5 years of work experience in a food or beverage manufacturing environment; oils and emulsions preferred
- Familiarization and some experience with Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSSI) certification in general and British Retail Consortium (BRC) in particular. Additional training can be provided based on relevant background knowledge to help in better understanding of audit requirements, interpretation, report writing, audit techniques, as well as internal BRC auditing
- HACCP certified, or willing and capable of acquiring certification
- Ability to motivate and lead in order to build an effective team to ensure objectives are met
- High level of technical competence, problem solving, and organization, as well as strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to act strategically and successfully balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Desire to build relationships with executive-level audiences as well as peers and teammates with a focus on maintaining a high performance team environment
- Experience in developing and delivering formal presentations to executive level management
- Experience with ERP systems preferred
- Advanced computer skills (Includes: internet research capabilities, email, understanding of Microsoft office suite, graphics, multimedia, and databases
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.
AAK Foodservice offers a competitive benefits package including major medical with dental, vision, pharmacy and other features and also includes our company matched 401k.
AAK Foodservice promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status and any class of discrimination under state and federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.