Human Resources Manager
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Join our Global Human Resources Team at our Port Newark, NJ Facility
AAK has been Making Better Happen for 150 years.
Everything AAK does is about Making Better Happen within the Chocolate & Confectionary, Bakery, Dairy, Candles, Plant-Based Foods, Special Nutrition, Foodservice and Personal Care industries. AAK specializes in plant-based and organic oils that are sourced sustainably. AAK innovates new formulas and provides ingredients to major manufacturers to make chocolate silkier, plant-based burgers juicer, bakery products and pizza crusts flakier and crisper, candles burn better.
At the heart of AAK is our Passionate, Collaborative, Accountable and Agile team Making Better Happen. We are innovating and manufacturing ingredients for food products that people love to consume, candles, personal care products like lotions and lip balms, even infant nutrition formula and adult specialty nutrition drinks.
Sustainability is at the heart of our purpose and embedded in all parts of the AAK value chain. We call this “Making Better Happen – from plant to brand” and this is reflected in our updated framework for sustainability – the House of Sustainability.
Join our 3,900 colleagues throughout the world who are dedicated to Making Better Happen with diversity and inclusion, community relations and environmental responsibility.
Visit us at www.aak.com
AAK in 60 Seconds - Play Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tomfOX1x2q4
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Manager for our refinery production facility (approximately 70 employees) located in Port Newark, NJ. This position will be part of the US Human Resources team and report to the Director, US Human Resources who is located in our Edison, NJ corporate headquarters location in partnership with the Site Operations Director.
The qualified candidate will make an impact in this role with his/her previous human resources and payroll experience within a manufacturing/industrial environment. As a member of the site’s leadership team, the Human Resources Manager will be the human resources business partner and support the Director of Site Operations with the Company’s efforts to meet its employee engagement, financial, safety and quality goals. The HR Manager must be a strong communicator and will be directly responsible for human resources support including, employee engagement and relations, recruiting, compensation and performance management, training and payroll and benefits administration for the site (previous payroll and benefits administration experience is required).
In partnership with the AAK US and global human resources team, the Port Newark HR Site Manager develops, implements and administers various People, Purpose and Culture programs and systems including, work experience enhancement, payroll, HRIS, benefit, talent development and management, recruiting and onboarding and succession planning
- BA/BS required with major in Business or Human Resources
- Minimum of 7 years human resources business partner experience encompassing benefits administration, employee engagement and relations, recruiting, new hire onboarding and payroll processing.
- 3-5 years experience in a culturally diverse production manufacturing environment leading and enhancing employee engagement, communications and work experience initiatives.
- HR Certification preferred to demonstrate strong HR administration and payroll compliance knowledge, wage and hour, FMLA, disability, unemployment, payroll taxes and processing. This role requires ability to independently perform all functions.
- Strong initiative and written and verbal communications are a must, with a great attention to detail.
- Must value interpersonal relationships and understand the importance of teamwork across all departments of the business.
- Intermediate to expert level experience: payroll software/HRIS/and MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.
AAK promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status and any class of discrimination under state and federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.
AAK Making Better Careers Happen™
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.