Manufacturing Maintenance Manager
MANUFACTURING MAINTENANCE MANAGER-Hillside, NJ
AAK Foodservice, a division of AAK USA, a Swedish based, world leading producer of high value-added specialty vegetable oils and fats, is a National Foodservice Manufacturer and supplier recognized as the leader in Customer Service and Innovative Solutions. Our purpose is to improve the quality of life of our customers and our employees. We make it our mission to ensure the safety of all employees, develop a highly engaged workforce, and enable our customers to meet their goals while operating in a sustainable and ethical fashion.
We make safe, enjoyable food for customers and consumers while adhering to our team values. At AAK Foodservice we encourage and challenge each other, by speaking honestly and openly and being committed and accountable to one another. We have high expectations of ourselves and rely on one another to produce an enhance trust within our team.
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Maintenance Manager for our Foodservice Manufacturing facility in Hillside, NJ manufacturing facility. The Manufacturing Maintenance Mechanic Manager will recommend and implement measures to improve the performance of all Factory Assets. Utilize and manage maintenance labor and material costs in support of business objectives. Provide leadership and coaching to staff via effective communication for the repair of both Facility and Production Equipment. This operation is to be performed keeping safety as a primary objective and following established GMP, Safety, Regulatory and AAK Foodservice procedures and policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (to include but not limited to)
- Technical leadership and support a 3-Shift operation Maintenance Department, including nights and weekends
- Management of Maintenance Department ‘s Expense Budget, Procurement and Labor Utilization
- Oversight of direct reports including Salary and Hourly maintenance personnel
- Create, implement and govern recommended Preventive Maintenance Program and procedures.
- Ensure maximum productivity within the department is maintained.
- Develop Technical Stockroom Inventory Control and Management
- Solicit and justify Capex projects which compliment current and future production requirements.
- Ensure all equipment always sustains capability to meeting product or plant quality standards.
- Ensure all government regulations, company policies and contractual agreements are maintained.
- Complete equipment records and work orders required of the department.
- Submit requisitions; edit time sheets, and accounts payable information in a timely fashion.
- Ensure the Maintenance Department supports the needs of production, distribution, and sanitation, and keeps all production equipment in proper working condition
- Perform necessary daily, weekly, monthly, annual inspections required.
- Complete regulatory compliance inspection logs as required.
- Monitor the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies and equipment and initiate reordering when necessary.
- Participation in the development, installation and commissioning of Capital Projects
- Establish and maintain a computerized maintenance management system on Ross for tracking work orders, CAR’s, preventive maintenance records.
- Ensure that maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner.
- Conduct employee performance reviews based on the job description to determine competency, knowledge and contribution to the department. Address complaints and problem solve.
- Directly manage maintenance staff. Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Assist with interviewing, hiring and training maintenance employees.
- Plan, assign, and direct work flow.
- Associates Degree from two-year college in a related technical field or certificate/diploma from trade school in related field and five years of experience in the maintenance of a process manufacturing facility or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-7 years of Maintenance Supervision experience in a process manufacturing setting
- Extensive experience in management of Facility/Utility Systems, including Refrigeration & Wastewater Treatment
- Expertise in Processing and Packaging Systems and Equipment
- Familiar with Industrial Electrical, Automation and Controls, including PLCs and instrumentation
- In-depth knowledge of the food processing industry including oils, dressings, margarines, etc. a plus.
- Expertise and proficiency with basic office computer software including Microsoft Office, ERP/MRP System, and spreadsheets.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.
AAK Foodservice. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to workforce diversity. EOE. M/F/D/V.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.