AAK is proud to be the world’s leading producer of specialty vegetable fats. Through our unique co-development approach we develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, Chocolate & Confectionery, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
AAK employ more than 3,500 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.
AAK Hull is located in the heart of an area enjoying significant redevelopment and investment.
The Port of Hull is being established as a world-class centre for renewable energy and manufacturing, and at AAK we feel proud to be part of this important industrial renaissance for Yorkshire and the UK.
At our recently upgraded site at King George Dock we operate the UK’s largest refinery for edible oils and fats. We supply businesses in the sectors of food manufacturing, baking, foodservice and retail, and we work closely with customers to co-develop bespoke products.
About the role
AAK are seeking to recruit a Process Engineer to join the Global Engineering Team, based in Hull. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring and improving the efficient use of process technologies in AAK sites globally.
- Investigate improvements to existing processes and new developments in process technology.
- Implement new projects and modifications to existing process plants - process design, equipment specifications and plant commissioning.
- Work as part of a team to develop plans and specifications for new equipment on existing sites or on Greenfield projects.
- Support sites during project execution and commissioning.
- Support AAK sites on production, engineering and quality issues.
- Develop standards for best practice installation and operation of oil processing plants
- A degree in Chemical Engineering or similar.
- Experience working with plant design, optimisation and commissioning.
- Ability to travel between AAK sites.
- Experience within food oil processing desirable.
In return AAK offer:
- 10% non-contribution pension.
- Bonus scheme.
- UK Healthcare scheme.
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays.
- Group life cover.
- Group income protection scheme.
- Ride2Work scheme.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.