Recently acquired BD Foods in Hastings join AAK International, as part of the Global Foodservice Group. Established in 2001 with a growing portfolio of over 3,000 products, BD Foods is a producer of tailor-made restaurant quality meal accompaniments.
AAK is proud to be the world’s leading producer of specialty vegetable fats. Through our unique co-development approach we develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, Chocolate & Confectionery, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
AAK employ more than 3,000 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.
About the role
AAK are seeking to appoint a Finance Manager based at our newly acquired site in Hastings. The successful candidate will be responsible for acting a Business Partner to management team, managing the day-to-day financial activities of the organisation, ensuring that procedures, regulations and accounting principles are maintained.
- Actively work as a Business Partner to Management team, provide relevant business analysis, to assist with effective decision making and managing their financial responsibilities.
- Proactively lead, mentor and develop direct reports within the Finance team.
- Maintain effective cash management across site.
- Manage and maintain strong internal and external working relationships.
- Ensure all accounting activities are conducted accurately, ethically and consistently, aligned to regulations, standards and laws.
- Report according to IRFS-standard for group reporting and statutory local reports.
- Ensure all reports are completed and submitted accurately and on time.
- Educated to degree level.
- Previous experience in a similar role required.
- Able to demonstrate a strong working knowledge of Accounting Practices, Financial Analysis and Reporting.
- Experience coaching and leading a team, able to build strong working relationships.
- Good attention to detail.
- High degree of computer literacy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong and confident decision maker.
- ERP system implementation experience advantageous.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.