MAINTENANCE MECHANICS-ALL SHIFTS Richmond, CA
AAK USA Inc. is a global leader with over 100 years of history in producing and selling value-adding vegetable oil solutions for food and non-food applications. Our products go into food market sectors such as plant based foods, bakery, dairy, confectionary, and infant nutrition, and our non-food applications include fats and oils for use in personal care products, candles, animal feed, and much more. AAK has industry leading products, services and technologies that enable our customers to succeed. We have a proven track record of working side by side with our customers to create solutions that work. Please visit our website at www.aak.com
We are currently seeking Maintenance Mechanics for All Shifts for our Richmond, CA manufacturing. Facility The maintenance mechanic is involved in the successful daily completion of assigned work either on a priority basis or continuing basis as assigned by the Maintenance and Reliability Manager. There are no formal reports for this position except for work documentation as required to document material and equipment requests as pertinent to the job.
This is a union position. Person hired will be required to join the ILWU Local 6 Union
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (to include but not limited to)
Safety & Environmental Performance
- Leads the safety effort by personal example.
- Supports full department compliance with safety rules to further our goal of 0 accidents and encouragement of reporting near misses.
- Supports 0 contractor accidents during major construction or anytime maintenance contractors are on site.
- Identifies high-risk safety/ productivity issues and helps remedy them.
- Adheres to SOPs and other work procedures as required.
- Performs various mechanical maintenance functions to include but is not limited to:
- Repairing rotating equipment including centrifugal and positive displacement pumps, agitators, cooling fans and gear boxes
- Installing and repairing pipe work, both screwed and welded, in stainless and carbon steel.
- Routine maintenance.
- Diagnose causes of equipment problems or failures for identifying equipment and/or systems repair.
- Repairs various types of heat exchangers including the over pressure protection.
- Repairs all types of valves and pneumatic actuators.
- Steam distribution equipment and condensate collection.
- Knowledge of plant utilities such as boilers, cooling towers, compressors and wastewater treatment.
- Executes work in a safe and expedient manner according to the following priorities: Safety, Quality then Production.
- Performs emergency corrective maintenance daily and attends out of hour call-ins as requested.
- Executes capital and maintenance project work as directed.
- Conducts preventive/ predictive maintenance
- Corrective maintenance, this may require out of normal hour working such as late nights or weekends.
- Assists other employees as able and assigned.
- Trains other employees in areas qualified, and attend training courses as requested
- Looks for opportunities to help work get done safer, faster and more cost effective.
- Participates in company activities such as; Safety Committee, Continuous Improvement, Audit committees, employee task forces, etc.
- 3 - 5 years as a maintenance mechanic in oil, chemical, pharmaceutical or process manufacturing facility.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools.
- Experience performing routine maintenance.
- Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts.
- Experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices.
- Strong problem solving, math, and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), time management and organizational skills
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.
AAK USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to workforce diversity. EOE. M/F/D/V.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.