AAK is proud to be the world’s leading producer of specialty vegetable fats. Through our unique co-development approach we develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, Chocolate & Confectionery, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
AAK employ more than 3,500 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.
AAK Hull is located in the heart of an area enjoying significant redevelopment and investment.
The Port of Hull is being established as a world-class centre for renewable energy and manufacturing, and at AAK we feel proud to be part of this important industrial renaissance for Yorkshire and the UK.
At our recently upgraded site at King George Dock we operate the UK’s largest refinery for edible oils and fats. We supply businesses in the sectors of food manufacturing, baking, foodservice and retail, and we work closely with customers to co-develop bespoke products.
About the role
AAK are seeking to appoint a Technical Manager to join the Technical team in Hull, one of AAK’s four largest global sites. The successful candidate will join an ambitious, developing team driven to lead site improvement and growth. Working with a high level of autonomy and the ability to manage change, the role offers a chance to explore new ideas and develop within a growing global organisation.
- Develop and implement site quality strategy.
- Conduct and coordinate customer and auditing bodies audits and audit preparation, implement action to correct non-conformances.
- Develop and improve existing quality systems, ensure compliance of food safety and quality standards are maintained sitewide.
- Conduct root cause and gap analysis to identify weaknesses and areas for improvement across critical control points and implement corrective action plans.
- Support Supplier approval system.
- Coordinate traceability challenges for QMS and audits.
- Manage complaints systems, identifying areas for improvement.
- Support change management.
- Degree in a related field.
- Able to effectively mentor, motivate and lead a team.
- Strong experience of identifying areas for improvement and implementing change, policies and procedures.
- Experience working with BRC, ISO and HACCP requirements.
- Pro-active approach to change management.
- Experience in creating quality systems.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience creating risk assessments.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Able to work well within a team and on own initiate.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
In return AAK offer:
- 10% non-contribution pension.
- Company car or cash allowance.
- Bonus scheme.
- UK Healthcare scheme.
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays.
- Group life cover.
- Group income protection scheme.
- Ride2Work scheme.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.