QUALITY TECHNICIAN-Louisville, KY
Join our Global Team at our Louisville, KY Facility
AAK has been Making Better Happen for 150 years.
Everything AAK does is about Making Better Happen within the Chocolate & Confectionary, Bakery, Dairy, Candles, Plant-Based Foods, Special Nutrition, Foodservice and Personal Care industries. AAK specializes in plant-based and organic oils that are sourced sustainably. AAK innovates new formulas and provides ingredients to major manufacturers to make chocolate silkier, plant-based burgers juicer, bakery products and pizza crusts flakier and crisper, candles burn better.
At the heart of AAK is our Passionate, Collaborative, Accountable and Agile team Making Better Happen. We are innovating and manufacturing ingredients for food products that people love to consume, candles, personal care products like lotions and lip balms, even infant nutrition formula and adult specialty nutrition drinks.
Sustainability is at the heart of our purpose and embedded in all parts of the AAK value chain. We call this “Making Better Happen – from plant to brand” and this is reflected in our updated framework for sustainability – the House of Sustainability.
Join our 3,900 colleagues throughout the world who are dedicated to Making Better Happen with diversity and inclusion, community relations and environmental responsibility.
Visit us at www.aak.com
AAK in 60 Seconds - Play Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tomfOX1x2q4
We are currently seeking to hire a Quality Technician for our Louisville, KY manufacturing facility.
The Quality Technician is involved with the successful daily operation of the plant and laboratory. This ensures the superior quality of our product and a safety-first work environment. This requires collaboration and communication with plant managers, operators, supervisors, and quality control technicians. Work is documented thru entries onto sheets and books specified for each department. Lab employees shall set an example, by demonstrating a commitment to quality, and customer needs at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform quality tests (Color, moisture, PV, FFA, RI, nickel, IV, soap, foam, phosphorous) on all oils and input data in a timely manner.
- Perform tasks using the ICP and HPLC.
- Run GCs on oils to establish a purity percentage, fatty acid profiles, IV and various other identifications.
- Perform calibrations on the ABB FTIR, and document the calibration
- Perform calibrations on the Perkin Elmer FTIR, and document the calibration
- Analyze special oils and oils that have received CSIs.
- Run searches, pull data, and analyze data on palm oil from excel.
- Correlate data from all departments, enter them into excel and organize the data into spreadsheets and graphs.
- Analyze all oils for OSI and convert to AOM by using the oxidative stability instrument.
- Participate in audits (ISO 9001, BRC, customer audits)
- Review COAs from suppliers for incoming oils and ensure they meet our specifications.
- Enter and report the monthly and yearly reports.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry, Biology or related field
- 3-5 years laboratory experience, preferably in a food, drug or chemical analytical laboratory
- Proficient in MS Office and use of lab equipment
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship
AAK promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status and any class of discrimination under state and federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.
AAK Making Better Careers Happen™
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.