Maintenance and Reliability Manager
MAINTENANCE AND RELIABILITY MANAGER-Louisville, KY
Join our Global Production Team at our Louisville, KY Facility
AAK has been Making Better Happen for 150 years.
Everything AAK does is about Making Better Happen within the Chocolate & Confectionary, Bakery, Dairy, Candles, Plant-Based Foods, Special Nutrition, Foodservice and Personal Care industries. AAK specializes in plant-based and organic oils that are sourced sustainably. AAK innovates new formulas and provides ingredients to major manufacturers to make chocolate silkier, plant-based burgers juicer, bakery products and pizza crusts flakier and crisper, candles burn better.
At the heart of AAK is our Passionate, Collaborative, Accountable and Agile team Making Better Happen. We are innovating and manufacturing ingredients for food products that people love to consume, candles, personal care products like lotions and lip balms, even infant nutrition formula and adult specialty nutrition drinks.
Sustainability is at the heart of our purpose and embedded in all parts of the AAK value chain. We call this “Making Better Happen – from plant to brand” and this is reflected in our updated framework for sustainability – the House of Sustainability.
Join our 3,900 colleagues throughout the world who are dedicated to Making Better Happen with diversity and inclusion, community relations and environmental responsibility.
Visit us at www.aak.com
AAK in 60 Seconds - Play Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tomfOX1x2q4
We are currently seeking a Maintenance and Reliability Manager for our Louisville, KY manufacturing facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads all site Maintenance, Facility and Reliability activities
- Utilizes all resources (personnel & financial) to ensure Plant operates at maximum equipment utilization and efficiency
- Tenaciously addresses all unplanned site downtime events in order to return site to “Safe, Reliable Operations” as soon as feasible. In addition, works actively to assess any failures, identify cause and deploys countermeasures to prevent recurrence.
- Ensures equipment availability to meet defined production schedule.
- Document all incident reports using AIRS (AAK Incident Reporting System) as required (EHSS, Quality, Service, or other) - Utilize a factual based incident reporting format with an emphasis on establishing a clear Sequence of Events (SOE)
- Creates and establish controls to manage via AAK USA KPI’s for Facility Maintenance activities to monitor and improve performance
- Leads and develops predictive, preventative and reactive maintenance activities.
- Manages site spares, stores, & critical spare program.
- Manages and be the “keeper” of the facility Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Document all activities through this software; utilize tools to optimize effectiveness of department and interactions with internal customers (Production) and other functions (QA, etc.)
- Site lead for utility system management - to include, but not limited to, Natural Gas/Cogen, Electrical, Water, Wastewater Systems, Cooling Systems, Ammonia Refrigeration, Industrial Gasses and Compressed Air.
- Responds and addresses all required commercial utility equipment - Office/Admin HVAC, Restrooms/Plumbing, bldg. Electrical, Lighting
- Ability to manage and coach others for high performance and high engagement; motivates, inspires, and engages others to excel and work towards the vision.
- Effective problem solving and decision-making skills aligned with the Discuss, Decide, Champion behavioral capability
- Actively identifies gaps in site Maintenance/Reliability systems and systematically work to close them
- Utilizes Rapid Continuous Improvement (CI, or RCI) as a routine tool - Identify, prioritize and execute projects
- Site knowledge leader on Equipment & Parts specification. Establishes site criteria and/or Part/Equipment standards and manage site compliance to these standards.
- Participates as a key member on site HAACP team
- Schedules and Manages all pre-determined Plant shutdowns, Work directly with Supply Chain
- BS Degree preferably in Mechanical/Electrical/Chemical Engineering or related.
- 10 years+ progressive experience in a Foods Manufacturing environment with at least 5 years directly leading Maintenance/Facility
- Firm understanding of Plant/Production Maintenance and Facility Operations. Key competencies around mechanical, electrical, Automation and Process Control Systems (will be the site lead for all).
- Knowledge of managing Maintenance/Reliability activities in a Process/Plant based environment.
- Strong knowledge of Ammonia refrigeration systems.
- Strong knowledge of automated palletizing systems along with associated conveying systems that support this type of equipment.
- Strong knowledge of analog and digital metal detection system used in the packaging industry.
- Knowledge of Vegetable Oil unit operations a plus.
- Experience with 24/7 Operations - willingness to adapt and/or have flexible established schedule
- Working knowledge of industry regulations - local, state, Federal - Environmental, Safety (OSHA), Quality/Food Safety; BRC
- Microsoft Skills - familiarity and ability to utilize common MS Office suite - Excel, Word, PPT
- Familiarity and understanding of site Process Control and HMI Software.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.
AAK promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status and any class of discrimination under state and federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.
AAK Making Better Careers Happen™
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.