Foodservice Process Technician
AAK is proud to be the world’s leading producer of specialty vegetable fats. Through our unique co-development approach, we develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, Chocolate & Confectionery, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
AAK employ more than 3,000 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.
AAK Hull is located in the heart of an area enjoying significant redevelopment and investment.
The Port of Hull is being established as a world-class centre for renewable energy and manufacturing, and at AAK we feel proud to be part of this important industrial renaissance for Yorkshire and the UK.
At our recently upgraded site at King George Dock we operate the UK’s largest refinery for edible oils and fats. We supply businesses in the sectors of food manufacturing, baking, Foodservice and retail, and we work closely with customers to co-develop bespoke products.
About the role
AAK are seeking to appoint a Process Technician to join the Foodservice Team to work a 4 on, 4 off shift pattern.
The successful candidate will take ownership for their production line and corresponding process equipment to ensure delivery of the product to the right quality, at the right time, in the right quantity for the right cost, in a safe and effective manner (PQCDSM).
- Ensure the safe and effective running of the line, ensuring operations are carried out according to the relevant SOP’s and safety procedures.
- Set up, maintenance and operation of the production line to correct standards - ensuring food safety, H&S and GMP standards are maintained.
- Completion of actions derived from the identification of line losses, including identifying and implementing improvements to the operation.
- Effective completion of maintenance duties and changeovers, including carrying out AM activities to agreed schedules
- Ensure production paperwork is accurately maintained.
- Participate in HACCP studies, ensuring CCP’s are controlled correctly and all products leaving the department are within specification.
- Experience of working within the food industry with good working knowledge of food safety, quality and H&S standards.
- Experience working within a similar role.
- Knowledge of modern manufacturing techniques (e.g. Lean, 6S etc.).
- IOSH training is desirable.
- Good technical understanding of manufacturing process and plant is desirable.
- Candidates should be passionate with a ’can do’ attitude.
- Good problem-solving skills with a flexible and reliable approach to work.
- Computer literate.
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- High attention to detail.
- Able to manage and prioritise deadlines.
Application deadline, 25th November 2021
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.