Global Analytical Systems Manager
AAK is proud to be the world’s leading producer of specialty vegetable fats. Through our unique co-development approach we develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, Chocolate & Confectionery, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
AAK employ more than 3,500 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.
About the role
AAK are seeking to appoint a Global Operations Manager, Analytical Systems to report directly to the Global Operations Director for Quality Assurance, Food Safety and Analytical Systems. The successful candidate will be responsible for defining standard Analytical level for AAK Global Operations by setting actions and targets for AAK operating units globally and defining the appropriate governance. This role involves travel between AAK sites, the role can be based in either Denmark or the Netherlands.
- Management of the Global Analytical Systems Team, ensuring training and development needs of the team are met and supported.
- Administer best practices and promote the highest level of performance across in AAK’s Global Operating Units with a focus on QC activities
- Define analytical standards and processes across AAK’s operating units and oversee successful implementation.
- Manage and support development of AAK’s Global Analytical strategy.
- Ensure coordination between AAK’s Operating Units Quality control and auditing both internally and externally.
- Effective management of the Global Operations Analytical System Team Budget.
- Develop an effective QC network globally, and ensure QC KPI’s regionally are aligned to the global standard.
- Involvement in major CAPEXs, Greenfields, Brownfield when relevant
- Challenge and support development of analytical methods.
- Provide guidance and direction when requested by AAK operating Units
- Stay up to date with Best Alternative Technologies in the field of analytics.
- Masters Degree in a related subject, preferred in Analytical Management or Chemistry.
- Extensive experience working within a regulated environment, ideally Food, Pharmaceutical or Medical.
- Proven experience of managing Laboratories and QC teams, able to demonstrate strong leadership abilities and a record of training and developing a team.
- Experience harmonizing and standardising Lab practices and methods.
- Able to demonstrate the development and implementation of quality control systems and techniques.
- Previous experience managing projects and achieving results.
- Strong influencing and critical thinking abilities, able to make timely and confident decisions.
- Good understanding and experience working with statistics and statistical process control.
- Ability to travel between AAK sites.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.