INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (ISR)-Hillside-NJ
AAK Foodservice, a division of AAK USA, a Swedish based, world leading producer of high value-added specialty vegetable oils and fats, is a National Foodservice Manufacturer and supplier recognized as the leader in Customer Service and Innovative Solutions. Our purpose is to improve the quality of life of our customers and our employees. We make it our mission to ensure the safety of all employees, develop a highly engaged workforce, and enable our customers to meet their goals while operating in a sustainable and ethical fashion.
We make safe, enjoyable food for customers and consumers while adhering to our team values. At AAK Foodservice we encourage and challenge each other, by speaking honestly and openly and being committed and accountable to one another. We have high expectations of ourselves and rely on one another to produce an enhance trust within our team.
We are currently seeking to hire an Inside Sales Representative for our manufacturing facility in Hillside, NJ.
The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) works in a high performance, customer-focused, team environment and is responsible for managing assigned accounts. Said accounts are typically transactional driven relationships in which the majority of business is done either on the phone or via emails where face-to-face interaction is not necessary. The ISR’s activities include but are not limited to: attracting and initiating business with warm leads, quoting, contracting, selling, order entry and associated functions, such as complaint tracking, customer communication and broadening customer relationships with key stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Achieves and/or exceeds Annual Commitment Budget and Gross Contribution Profit (GCP$) at STD for assigned Inside Sales accounts
- Provides customer support to and thorough communication with field sales team members assigned within respective Zone
- Provides product or service information to assist customers in making a decision about a product to buy
- Prepares and manages price quotations as well as follow up on quotations
- Manages contracts and volume spreads
- Responsible for forecasting monthly, quarterly and annual volume on assigned Inside Sales accounts for Monthly Business Reviews, Quarterly Business Reviews and development of Annual Operating Plan
- Responsible for new business development to increase customer base (those accounts that meet the criteria of inside as noted herein will remain as an inside sales account, those that require face to face ongoing customer management will be assigned to field –outside- sales personnel)
- Understands customer’s projects and follows up as needed
- Enters customer project opportunities into Global Opportunity Database(GODB) to achieve predetermined metrics/objectives
- Maintains and updates CRM system (Sales Toolbox) for contacts, weekly call reports on most meaningful customer activities and customer projects
- Sources new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up from call-ins, emails and food shows
- Routes qualified opportunities/leads to the appropriate outside sales Territory Manager for further development and conversion into purchase orders
- Conducts market research on existing and prospect accounts to define customer unmet needs, pain points and identify new projects for growth
- Sets up and maintains customer accounts and contact information
- Works with Data Entry to ensure all customer orders are processed correctly and in a timely manner
- Ensures that customer order fulfillment requests meet Operations Department Production schedule cycle products lead time (private label and non-private label business), MOQ (minimum order quantity for customer pick up and deliveries) while utilizing Pick Up Allowances as needed to maximize shipments in the beginning of the week
- Creates any changes in ERP system to a customer’s existing order including, but not limited to, changing the date, time of delivery, and quantity of product or the type of product
- Customer Service Representative will provide secondary and backup responsibility, if necessary
- Coordinates daily and communicates clearly to Operations team on all open orders
CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS AND RETURNS
- Responsible for entering complaint/feedback into Quality Complaint system
- Assists with customer complaints by gathering information and working closely with internal cross-functional teams to seek resolution of customer complaints
- Works with Transportation team on facilitating any RGAs for product that needs to be returned
- High School diploma or GED
- 1+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong data entry skills
- Previous Inside Sales experience is a plus
- Problem solving/conflict resolution
- Intermediate / working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) and the ability to work well with people are essential
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong phone presence and listening skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.
AAK USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to workforce diversity.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.