AAK is proud to be the world’s leading producer of specialty vegetable fats. Through our unique co-development approach we develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, Chocolate & Confectionery, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
AAK employ more than 3,500 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.
AAK Runcorn is the home to AAK Foods, a major manufacturer and supplier of sauces, condiments and dressings to the retail and foodservice sectors.
Our private label work has won awards for taste and quality, and our products can be found on the shelves of stores throughout the world.
From our site on Davy Road, to the east of the town centre, we work with customers to co-develop new recipes for grocery private label products, retail restaurants, quick service restaurants, foodservice and food ingredients.
About the role
AAK are seeking to appoint a HR Manager, based at AAK’s site in Runcorn, responsible for the UK Foodservice Division As part of the site management team, you will help to form and drive the end-to-end people agenda. Reporting to the European HR Director, you will have a passion for understanding and “getting under the skin” of a manufacturing business, effectively sharpening the skills of the extended management team through well placed HR interventions.
Recognised for your agility of thought and influencing ability, you will offer generalist HR capability and you will provide expertise and support for the full scope of the HR function, drawing on your colleagues across the AAK group when necessary.
- Acts as single point of contact to the Site Manager on people-related business issues.
- Facilitates effective implementation and change management of new people related initiatives.
- Reviews gaps in leadership capability across departments develops action plans accordingly.
- Develops and executes workforce plans and maintains a candidate pipeline.
- Execute the Business Unit recruitment strategy and interviewing, where necessary
- Leads a bottom up approach to headcount and salary budget submissions.
- Provide expert advice to senior managers on compensation and salary management.
- Provides expert employment law advise to managers.
- Promotes proactive employee relations.
- Investigates discrimination/harassment and other escalated complaints
- Communicates and implements HR programs.
- Facilitates engagement survey action planning.
- Interviews management/senior professional candidates as appropriate.
- Proactively manage sickness absence through effective case management.
- Coordinate with Occupational Health examinations and health surveillance
- A degree in a Human Resource Management or CIPD level 7 is required.
- Manufacturing, Food or Engineering industry is preferred but not essential.
- Strong change management skills and shaping cultural change is required.
- Up to date knowledge of employment law.
- Experience of developing good employee relations.
- Ability to build and maintain strong and effective relationships.
- Strong Excel skills including advanced formula creation and use.
In return AAK offer:
- A competitive salary
- Company car or car allowance.
- Company pension 3% Employee, 5% employer.
- UK Healthcare scheme.
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays.
- Bonus scheme.
- Investment in training and development.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.