EH&S Site Lead
EH&S SITE LEAD-Hillside, NJ
AAK has been Making Better Happen for 150 years.
Visit us at aakfoodservice.com
Great opportunity to join our Production Leadership Team at our Hillside, NJ US Headquarters!
Everything we do is about Making Better Happen within the ever-expanding foodservice segment. AAK Foodservice is a global manufacturer with a regional focus, offering a broad portfolio ranging from sauces, dressings, mayonnaise and margarine to specialty fats and oils for a wide variety of cooking applications and food styles. Our complete foodservice portfolio uses only the finest ingredients and adheres to the highest quality standards, offering plant-based products and sustainable options.
At the heart of AAK Foodservice is our Passionate, Collaborative, Accountable and Agile team Making Better Happen. We believe that in order to grow, our customers must grow. As a result, customer satisfaction is a key component of our company culture. This translates into our commitment to assist our customers in achieving their goals. We offer our products and services to a variety of customers and have the people and knowledge to address each of their unique needs. From resolving application concerns through technical support to providing consistent and on time deliveries, all of the associates at AAK Foodservice are highly customer focused.
AAK Foodservice is a global manufacturer with a regional focus, offering a broad portfolio ranging from sauces, dressings, mayonnaise and margarine to specialty fats and oils for a wide variety of cooking applications and food styles. Our complete foodservice portfolio uses only the finest ingredients and adheres to the highest quality standards, offering plant-based products and sustainable options.
With a dedicated cross-functional team, we specialize in co-development to create custom products and applications based on customer specifications. Our customer-centric approach emphasizes culinary, marketing and customer innovation to determine the best solution for their menu needs. AAK is focused on building lasting relationships, allowing our customers to differentiate themselves in the market.
AAK Foodservice is committed to your success. We have a collaborative, relationship-oriented team environment, that has a small company feel with opportunities to have an impact throughout the company and the world.
We are currently seeking to hire a EH&S Site Lead for our food manufacturing facility in Hillside, NJ.
This position is responsible for technically advising and leading EH&S practices and programs to protect the employees, customers and the environment, championing comprehensive oversight for safe, compliant operations for manufacturing facilities, offices, laboratories, and pilot projects, meeting government safety regulations and industry standards, inspecting and evaluating the equipment, environment and processes. Also responsible for promoting understanding and adherence to all aspects of safety, leading the enterprise to sustainable “target zero.”
This person is also responsible for implementing corporate Process Safety policies, standards, and guidelines, and facilitating and/or overseeing process hazard analyses and revalidations. Participates in and conducts audits to ensure compliance with OSHA General Duty and Process Safety Management, EPA and other federal, state and local regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews and implements corporate EH&S programs, policies, procedures, training, and reporting
- Champions organizational compliance, evaluating workplace environments, equipment and practices of all safety standards and government regulations
- Guides management of hazards associated with process safety management, ensuring comprehensive program is maintained to integrate technologies, procedures, and management practices
- Conducts chemical and SDS risk assessment as well as operations risk assessments to specify engineering controls and other regulatory requirements are applicable
- Develops and implements environmental strategies in the work place, auditing and analyzing environmental practices for sustainability (including workplace pollution control, waste management and recycling) for assigned location(s).
- Undertakes regular statutory compliance audits, PSM, JSA process reviews, and QA assessment of safety management systems
- Directs accident investigation programs, reports or reviews findings, notes trends, and develops programs for improving performance
- Provides and communicates employee safety training and communication programs, Contingency Planning, Emergency Response, and H&S evaluations / implementation
- Sets environmental and safety priorities and goals consistent with corporate objectives.
- Specifies EH&S guidelines and directives for internal governance and internal controls
- Acts on quantitative measurements and coordinates solutions, presentations, and detailed reporting on safety performance and continuous improvements
- Establishes cross functional teams to coordinate delivery of compliant, safety performance
- Defines solutions which support EHS policy integration into facility operations
- Determines improvements which provide reliable, successful EH&S programs
- 7+ years EHS leadership experience in a process manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety or other related field of study
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification is preferred
- Knowledge of food processing, packaging, GMP, mechanical engineering, vegetable oil and hydrogen plant operations helpful
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Experience in leading and directing the work of others with strong team orientation, ability to influence, and collaboration with all levels of leadership
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, interpersonal and communicative skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, and ERP applications
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for federal and state programs, processes and program implementation strategies
- Experience and judgment to perform a variety of complex tasks
- Skilled in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail
- Ability to coach and work directly with plant managers and supervisors at each location providing support at the level they need to fulfill their EHS responsibilities
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.
AAK Foodservice offers a competitive benefits package including major medical with dental, vision, pharmacy and other features and also includes our company matched 401k.
AAK Foodservice promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status and any class of discrimination under state and federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.