AAK is proud to be the world’s leading producer of specialty vegetable fats. Through our unique co-development approach we develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, Chocolate & Confectionery, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
AAK employ more than 3,500 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.
AAK Runcorn is the home to AAK Foods, a major manufacturer and supplier of sauces, condiments and dressings to the retail and foodservice sectors.
Our private label work has won awards for taste and quality, and our products can be found on the shelves of stores throughout the world.
From our site on Davy Road, to the east of the town centre, we work with customers to co-develop new recipes for grocery private label products, retail restaurants, quick service restaurants, foodservice and food ingredients.
About the role
AAK are seeking to appoint a Technical Operator to join the Manufacturing Team in Runcorn, working a Monday – Friday, 3 shift pattern.
- To understand the operation and maintenance of machinery and line process to manufacturing standards of excellence.
- Maintain a safe place of work and safe personal practice through the application of safety policy and procedure, including task based risk assessments.
- To ensure all areas of manufacturing, including equipment, are kept to high standards of cleanliness, all CCPs are complied with and personal hygiene and PPE standards are followed and maintained.
- Communication up and down the organizational structure – to liaise effectively with other shifts to ensure efficient hand over and assist in team briefs.
- Monitor and improve quality standards and efficiency to ensure zero defects (internal / external) and that productivity targets are achieved.
- Monitor and make efforts to reduce waste within the business (including labour control).
- Drive and use all available tools to achieve the full potential from all areas
- Complete line setups and changeovers.
- Assist the engineering team with PPM/TPM, to plan and manage line maintenance and inspect/verify accordingly and ensure 100% Autonomous Maintenance and Effective Maintenance.
- Previous experience working within manufacturing.
- Lean manufacturing experience, advantageous.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Powered Pallet Truck qualification required.
- Able to work to a high standard within a team.
- Excellent communications skills.
In return AAK offer:
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Company pension 3% Employee, 5% employer.
- UK Healthcare scheme.
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays.
- Bonus scheme.
- Investment in training and development.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.