AAK is proud to be the world’s leading producer of specialty vegetable fats. Through our unique co-development approach, we develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, Chocolate & Confectionery, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
AAK employ more than 3,500 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.
AAK Hull is located in the heart of an area enjoying significant redevelopment and investment.
The Port of Hull has been recognised as ‘Humber freeport’ and is being established as a world-class centre for renewable energy and manufacturing and is a haven of opportunity. At AAK we feel proud to be part of this important industrial renaissance for Yorkshire and the UK.
At our recently upgraded site at King George Dock we operate the UK’s largest refinery for edible oils and fats. We supply businesses in the sectors of food manufacturing, baking, foodservice and retail, and we work closely with customers to co-develop bespoke products.
About the role
AAK have an exciting opportunity for 2 competent and experienced Project Managers to work within the Engineering Projects team at Site Hull, reporting into the Site Project Manager.
One which would be more focused on our Refinery department, a Project Manager who can demonstrate a strong Chemical/ Process Engineering background.
The other would be more mechanically biased, possibly from a FMCG background, with more attention on our Packing Plant equipment.
- Manage every aspect of a project including
- Project start up
- Project initiation
- Controlling a project, directing a project and project closure.
- Manage the processes within each of the five project stages above in order to ensure the project is delivered according to the scope, budget and agreed timeframe. Manage the changes and risks throughout the project life.
- Manage ongoing relationships with Customers and Suppliers (internal and external) such that the organisation receives the expected standards of service required for the project.
- Develop a sound network of contacts to support the activity.
- Liaise, lead and direct colleagues within the immediate and wider teams to ensure project completion on-time, within budget and according to project specifications.
- Day to day management of contractors on site ensuring compliance with statutory processes and site policies and procedures
- University degree in an Engineering discipline
- Formal Project Management Training (PRINCE 2, PMI etc) would be desirable
- Proven experience in either process/ chemical industries, or, complex manufacturing packing environments (FMCG) including packaging solutions and equipment design.
- Knowledge and experience of Edible Oil refining process plant operating principles, methods and processes would be desirable.
- Safety conscious and aware of environmental impacts
- Good understanding of Project Management processes
- Ability to analyse problems, assess risk profile, determine action, and develop solutions, communicating intentions and progress to all levels
- Experience in Continuous Improvement. Modern process and manufacturing techniques, such as Lean, 5S, DMAIC, FMEA, SMED, Value Stream Mapping is advantageous
- Able to manage own time and apply relevant time management techniques to ensure timely delivery of projects
In return AAK offer:
- Competitive salary
- 10% non-contribution pension.
- Bonus scheme.
- UK Healthcare scheme.
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays.
- Group life cover.
- Group income protection scheme.
- Ride2Work scheme.
Please note the closing date for applications to be submitted is end of business, 15th June 2021.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.