Senior Maintenance Mechanics
SENIOR MAINTENANCE MECHANICS-All Shifts-Richmond, CA
AAK has been Making Better Happen for 150 years.
Everything AAK does is about Making Better Happen within the Chocolate & Confectionary, Bakery, Dairy, Candles, Plant-Based Foods, Special Nutrition, Foodservice and Personal Care industries. AAK specializes in plant-based and organic oils that are sourced sustainably. AAK innovates new formulas and provides ingredients to major manufacturers to make chocolate silkier, plant-based burgers juicer, bakery products and pizza crusts flakier and crisper, candles burn better.
At the heart of AAK is our Passionate, Collaborative, Accountable and Agile team Making Better Happen. We are innovating and manufacturing ingredients for food products that people love to consume, candles, personal care products like lotions and lip balms, even infant nutrition formula and adult specialty nutrition drinks.
Join our 3,900 colleagues throughout the world who are dedicated to Making Better Happen with diversity and inclusion, community relations and environmental responsibility.
Visit us at www.aak.com
AAK in 60 Seconds - Play Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tomfOX1x2q4
We are currently seeking to hire a Senior Maintenance Mechanics for all shifts for our manufacturing facility in Richmond, CA.
The Senior Maintenance Mechanic improves work force productivity and work quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning and coordination of labor, parts, material, and equipment access by planning and scheduling work to maintain the designed reliability of equipment and ensure or extend the life expectancy of equipment aiding in the total reduction of maintenance cost and increased output of products.
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance project work to include:
- Repairing rotating equipment including centrifugal and positive displacement pumps, agitators, cooling fans and gear boxes
- Installing and repairing pipe work, both screwed and welded, in stainless and carbon steel.
- Experience working on various types of heat exchangers including the over pressure protection.
- Repairing all types of valves and pneumatic acutators, and steam distribution eq
- Maintaining and repairing of plant utilities such as boilers, cooling towers, compressors and waste water treatment.
- Reading blueprints, schematics, and diagrams to determine the method and sequence of assembly of a part, machine, or piece of equipment.
- Testing performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.
- Installing electrical or electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Executes work in a safe and expedient manner according to the following priorities: Safety, Quality then Production.
- HS Diploma or technical school training
- 5+ years’ experience as a maintenance mechanic in oil, chemical, pharmaceutical or process manufacturing facility
- Electrical maintenance and repair in a manufacturing environment a plus
- Strong problem solving and math skills
- Strong equipment troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), time management and organizational skills
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.
AAK USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to workforce diversity. EOE. M/F/D/V.
AAK Making Better Careers Happen™
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.