Supply Chain Manager
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER-Hillside, NJ
AAK has been Making Better Happen for 150 years.
Visit us at aakfoodservice.com
Great opportunity to join our Logistics Leadership Team at our Hillside, NJ US Headquarters!
Everything we do is about Making Better Happen within the ever-expanding foodservice segment. AAK Foodservice is a global manufacturer with a regional focus, offering a broad portfolio ranging from sauces, dressings, mayonnaise and margarine to specialty fats and oils for a wide variety of cooking applications and food styles. Our complete foodservice portfolio uses only the finest ingredients and adheres to the highest quality standards, offering plant-based products and sustainable options.
At the heart of AAK Foodservice is our Passionate, Collaborative, Accountable and Agile team Making Better Happen. We believe that in order to grow, our customers must grow. As a result, customer satisfaction is a key component of our company culture. This translates into our commitment to assist our customers in achieving their goals. We offer our products and services to a variety of customers and have the people and knowledge to address each of their unique needs. From resolving application concerns through technical support to providing consistent and on time deliveries, all of the associates at AAK Foodservice are highly customer focused.
AAK Foodservice is a global manufacturer with a regional focus, offering a broad portfolio ranging from sauces, dressings, mayonnaise and margarine to specialty fats and oils for a wide variety of cooking applications and food styles. Our complete foodservice portfolio uses only the finest ingredients and adheres to the highest quality standards, offering plant-based products and sustainable options.
With a dedicated cross-functional team, we specialize in co-development to create custom products and applications based on customer specifications. Our customer-centric approach emphasizes culinary, marketing and customer innovation to determine the best solution for their menu needs. AAK is focused on building lasting relationships, allowing our customers to differentiate themselves in the market.
AAK Foodservice is committed to your success. We have a collaborative, relationship-oriented team environment, that has a small company feel with opportunities to have an impact throughout the company and the world.
We are currently seeking to hire a Supply Chain Manager for our food manufacturing facility in Hillside, NJ.
The purpose of the job is to lead the AAK Foodservice Supply Chain team and manage the coordination across functions to deliver the highest level of service to Port Newark customers, in the most efficient way, at the optimal cost.
It is expected that the Supply Chain Manager will:
- Develop and implement supply chain best practices for production planning, systems integration and optimization, raw and finished inventory control, and logistics management.
- Facilitate achievement of highest efficiency supply chain product flow from vessel to customer door, which supports lowest total delivered cost.
- Review existing procedures and examine opportunities to streamline production, product configuration, warehousing, distribution, and forecasting to meet production and distribution needs.
- Direct activities to limit costs, improve accuracy, safety, and service to the customer.
- Make decisions regarding the movement, storage and processing of inventory with focus on the most efficient levels for plants, warehouses and toll manufacturers.
- Be a role model and demonstrate the company’s core values.
- Create new processes, as well as leverage existing best practices.
- Represent the Supply Chain team in site leadership matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (to include but not limited to)
- Lead, develop and improve the S&OP processes and policies for Port Newark using an interactive approach and methodology to align financial, operation and material plans.
- Coordinate with the Sourcing and Trading function to ensure continuity of supply throughout the operations to achieve uninterrupted supply of quality products.
- Perform benchmark studies regarding alternative, more cost-efficient supply chain scenarios.
- Lead discussions with external logistics providers, toll manufacturers and customer logistics departments to establish partner relationships.
- Evaluate and find cost saving synergies across the entire supply chain.
- Coach and mentor the Supply Chain team to improve engagement with local technical/commercial stakeholders and to establish communication channels between the cross functional teams.
- Hands-on, yet strategic.
- Coordinate with the Customer Innovation team to develop plans to support integration of new products within the plant.
- Partner with IT in the ownership and optimization of systems that support supply chain.
- Continuously improve the process of order to delivery to maximize the service experience of our customers.
- Continuously monitor and strive for zero out-of-stock positions by balancing supply with demand, setting and monitoring inventory policy by SKU, proactively identifying constraints and challenges and developing solutions to mitigate impacts all the while keeping internal customers clearly informed of developments.
- Coordinate daily with the customer service team to notify customers of the status of delays and problems in production.
- Set policies for minimum order quantity, run rules, and tank usage.
- Manage and proactively plan the flow of oils to meet the demand plans while considering warehouse, manufacturing and customer constraints, all the while driving for cost effective improvements and solutions and meeting demand plans.
- Ensure development and accountability to master schedule & production plan for oils.
- Manage and monitor inbound international shipments to the storage terminal to meet supply plans and company financial objectives.
- Develop and implement process improvements to reduce inventory days and rework.
- Lead and maintain relationships with local logistics suppliers including truck, train, tolling and warehouse partners.
- Create, track, and monitor key Supply Chain KPIs to drive success of the business.
- BA/BS degree in supply chain, logistics, engineering, business or other related fields
- 8+ years Supply Chain Management experience in a process manufacturing environment
- Good analytical, statistical, communication, presentation and system skills with thorough attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of all Microsoft applications.
- Demonstrated analytical and technical skills, comfort using multiple systems.
- Must be a team builder who is adept at working efficiently and effectively with multiple departments and all levels within the organization.
- Experience with analytical/business intelligence tools.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.
AAK Foodservice offers a competitive benefits package including major medical with dental, vision, pharmacy and other features and also includes our company matched 401k.
AAK Foodservice promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status and any class of discrimination under state and federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.