Senior Development Chef
AAK BD Foods Ltd
Recently acquired BD Foods in Hastings join AAK International, as part of the Global Foodservice Group. Established in 2001 with a growing portfolio of over 3,000 products, BD Foods is a producer of tailor-made restaurant quality meal accompaniments.
AAK employ more than 3,500 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.This is quite simply a fantastic opportunity to seriously influence the company direction by creating and presenting imaginative 'now' and 'future now' products in our market sector. On our site in St Leonards on Sea, we work with quality hotels, restaurant groups, pub groups such as Giraffe restaurants, TRG, CDG, Whitbread, Hilton and many other top groups - never a dull day, thus with a whole varied development life.
This is a position open only to proven qualified Chefs, an absolute must.
The business has been successfully built on quality and innovation and we are well known for it. With our fast track NPD turnaround, we have a reputation for good ideas and market opportunities are always taken seriously and moved upon quickly. The presenting 'bit' involves giving a well thought out and applicable presentation to both existing and potential clients, mainly on our site.
The position reports to the head of NPD backed up by a full service Technical Department for all those important 'non Chef' bits; we are a BRC Double A rated site.
Have a good look at our website and you will get a very good idea of what we are about and where we play. We treat our staff as we do our ingredients; with care and consideration but as with all good ingredients, they have to work!
New Product Development:
- To contribute to the development of new products with the aim of maximising the range of products available to the customer.
- To maintain positive working relationships with current clients.
- To support and work with the development team in developing and improving products available to the current and future client.
- To help the development team identify client needs and assist in developing a range of suitable recipes to meet these needs.
- Produce samples to send to customers for them to try new products and variations.
- To deliver effective and knowledgeable presentations to both current and potential clients with the aim of securing new business activity.
- Good general education.
- Relevant Chef qualification.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to plan and organise resources.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High level of initiative.
- Knowledge of hygiene practices.
- Good level of numeracy.
- Some IT skills are desirable.
- Follow recipes and instructions
- Ongoing, create recipes and instructions.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.