AAK is proud to be the world’s leading producer of specialty vegetable fats. Through our unique co-development approach we develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, Chocolate & Confectionery, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
AAK employ more than 3,500 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.
AAK Runcorn is the home to AAK Foods, a major manufacturer and supplier of sauces, condiments and dressings to the retail and foodservice sectors.
Our private label work has won awards for taste and quality, and our products can be found on the shelves of stores throughout the world.
From our site on Davy Road, to the east of the town centre, we work with customers to co-develop new recipes for grocery private label products, retail restaurants, quick service restaurants, foodservice and food ingredients.
About the role
AAK are seeking to appoint a Customer Innovation Technologist to join the Customer Innovation team at Runcorn. The successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation of sauces, dressings and condiments and presentation to Foodservice and Retail customers.
- Prepare and dispatch of sauces, condiments and dressings to customers for appraisal and analysis.
- Present created products to external customers.
- Prepare and conduct tasting sessions.
- Conduct research to aid product development.
- Maintain and manage stock.
- Complete documentation following production including; nutritional information, product costings and sample submission documentation.
- Oversee product creation at production trials.
- Educated to degree level within food or similar or hold a food or culinary qualification.
- Certificate in Food Hygiene.
- Experience within a similar role.
- Demonstrable problem solving skills.
- Experience creating and developing concepts and final products.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Retail and Foodservice channels.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
In return AAK offer:
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Company pension 3% Employee, 5% employer.
- UK Healthcare scheme.
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays.
- Bonus scheme.
- Investment in training and development.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.