HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER-Manufacturing
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER-Manufacturing
AAK Foodservice, a division of AAK USA, a Swedish based, world leading producer of high value-added specialty vegetable oils and fats, is a National Foodservice Manufacturer and supplier recognized as the leader in Customer Service and Innovative Solutions. Our purpose is to improve the quality of life of our customers and our employees. We make it our mission to ensure the safety of all employees, develop a highly engaged workforce, and enable our customers to meet their goals while operating in a sustainable and ethical fashion.
We make safe, enjoyable food for customers and consumers while adhering to our team values. At AAK Foodservice we encourage and challenge each other, by speaking honestly and openly and being committed and accountable to one another. We have high expectations of ourselves and rely on one another to produce an enhance trust within our team.
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Manager for our Food Services Division manufacturing facility (approximately 180 employees) located in Hillside, NJ. The qualified candidate will make an impact in this role with his/her previous human resources and payroll experience within a production manufacturing environment. This new position reports to the President of the Food Services Division and will be directly responsible for human resources policies and procedures, employee relations, recruiting and payroll and benefits administration. As a member of the leadership team, the Human Resources Manager will be human resources business partner and support the Company’s efforts to meet its employee engagement, financial, safety and quality goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
•Develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for manufacturing hourly, professional salary and management personnel (e.g. Employee Handbooks). Plans, organizes and performs all activities of the human resources department. Recommends, develops, HR objectives, and systems and new approaches and programs to enhance payroll and HR administrative support, employee engagement and ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws.
- Payroll & HRIS Administration: Responsible for bi-weekly payroll processing and submission. Including new hires, terminations, pay rate and deduction changes, time and attendance input processing, garnishments, third party sick pay, bonus payouts, etc.
- Employment/Talent Acquisition: responsible for advertising, interviewing, reference checking, and new employee orientation programs.
- Promotes positive Employee Relations: Employee Communications, management and staff meetings, Employee Meetings & Celebrations, performance improvement, Disciplinary Actions, New Employee Orientation, Discharge Sessions/Exit Interviews, Harassment (e.g. sexual), Employee Morale Enhancement.
- Responsible for performance reviews and salary administration and participates in the development and administration of compensation & performance management programs including job descriptions, performance reviews, recommending/conducting training, compensation surveys and market competitive analyses, salary increase policies, and annual bonus program.
- Benefits: Responsible for Benefits administration and implementing benefit programs: recommending cost containment initiatives, vendor/carrier relations, employee communications/enrollment programs, administration activities for health (e.g. Medical, Dental, Vision) Section 125 Plans, Life Insurance, Disability, Workers Compensation.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- BA/BS required with major in Business or Human Resources
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience encompassing human resources, benefits administration, employee relations, recruiting, new hire onboarding and payroll processing.
- 3-5 years experience in a culturally diverse production manufacturing environment; prior supervisory and/or management experience preferred.
- Strong HR administration and payroll compliance knowledge, wage and hour, FMLA, disability, unemployment, payroll taxes and processing. This role requires ability to independently perform all function.
- Bilingual (Spanish), verbal required; written, strongly preferred
- HR Certification preferred
- Strong written and verbal communications are a must, with a great attention to detail.
- Must value interpersonal relationships and understand the importance of teamwork across all departments of the business.
- Intermediate to expert level experience: payroll software/HRIS/and MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.
AAK USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to workforce diversity. EOE. M/F/D/V.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.