Production Shift Supervisor
PRODUCTION SHIFT SUPERVISOR-Process Manufacturing-Port Newark, NJ
AAK has been Making Better Happen for 150 years.
Visit us at www.aak.com
Join our global Production Team at Port Newark!
Everything we do is about Making Better Happen within the Chocolate & Confectionary, Bakery, Dairy, Candles, Plant-Based Foods, Special Nutrition, Foodservice and Personal Care industries. AAK specializes in plant-based and organic oils that are sourced sustainably. AAK innovates new formulas and provides ingredients to major manufacturers to make chocolate silkier, plant-based burgers juicer, bakery products and pizza crusts flakier and crispier, and candles burn better.
At the heart of AAK is our Passionate, Collaborative, Accountable and Agile team Making Better Happen. We are innovating and manufacturing ingredients for food products that people love to consume, candles, personal care products like lotions and lip balms, even infant nutrition formula and adult specialty nutrition drinks.
Join our 3,900 colleagues throughout the world who are dedicated to Making Better Happen with diversity and inclusion, community relations and environmental responsibility.
AAK in 60 Seconds - Play Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tomfOX1x2q4
We are currently seeking to hire a Production Shift Supervisor for our Port Newark, NJ vegetable oil manufacturing facility.
This position is responsible for day to day facility operations , employee safety, compliance of environmental rules and regulations, product quality, on time delivery and the continuous improvement of our production processes in the Refinery. Shift Supervisors work a DuPont Rotating Schedule. The supervisor will oversee approximately 5-15 employees who perform various activities, such as process operations, tank car loading, rail car loading and sanitation. Production is a fast-paced environment and the shift leader is an integral part of the manufacturing process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees assigned department production shift activities (refinery, packaging, boiler house, ) to ensure operations are running at the highest levels of efficiency.
- Tracks and reports shift productivity improvements.
- Reports and trouble shoots operations issues.
- Supports the continuous improvement activities and acts as a change agent for any changes that occur in the assigned shift.
- Participates in the daily production meetings to remain informed and ensures that the assigned shift operations activities are aligned.
- Participates in personnel investigations and recommend corrective actions as necessary.
- Helps develop plans to bring assigned shift in line with Operations Excellence goals.
- Trains and supervises employees through scheduling work, checking quality of work, conducting performance appraisals, and handling disciplinary matters.
- Monitors and maintains production and product quality
- Works with the Safety/Environmental Manager to ensure compliance of assigned shift in all aspects
We’re looking for candidates who are not afraid of taking an active role in shaping our future at AAK and Making a Difference by living our AAK behaviors: Passionate Collaborative, Accountable and Agile.
- Degree or secondary education with a technical focus preferred
- 5+ years’ experience supervising employees in a process manufacturing or refinery environment.
- Experience in a chemical/petroleum/vegetable oil processing environment preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours, weekends and rotating shift schedule required
- Familiarity and ability to utilize common Microsoft Suite - Excel, Word, PPT
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship
AAK promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status and any class of discrimination under state and federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.
AAK Making Better Careers Happen™
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.