AAK is proud to be the world’s leading producer of specialty vegetable fats. Through our unique co-development approach, we develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, Chocolate & Confectionery, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
AAK employ more than 3,500 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.
AAK Runcorn is the home to AAK Foods, a major manufacturer and supplier of sauces, condiments and dressings to the retail and foodservice sectors.
Our private label work has won awards for taste and quality, and our products can be found on the shelves of stores throughout the world.
From our site on Davy Road, to the east of the town centre, we work with customers to co-develop new recipes for grocery private label products, retail restaurants, quick service restaurants, foodservice and food ingredients.
About the role
AAK are seeking to appoint a Stock Controller to join the Supply Chain Team in Runcorn. The successful candidate will be responsible for the reporting of inventory across the business, including location, quantity, yield, status and accuracy. This person will be cost-centric drive actions to maximise inventory utilisation and mitigate inventory losses.
- Report inventory levels across the business, location, quantity, status and accuracy. Lead stock measurement and drive actions to mitigate inventory losses due to location/quantity accuracy, unrecognised yield losses, damage or expiration of shelf life.
- Reconcile shipments to 3rd Party storage units and validate inventory holding versus sites ERP records.
- Generate “at-risk” finished goods inventory reports and collaborate with commercial leaders to mitigate loss.
- Generate “at-risk” raw material and packaging inventory reports and collaborate with stake holders to mitigate loss.
- Manage disposal of raw materials and finished goods in a cost-effective manner.
- Support the traded item purchasing process.
- Monitor the “works-order” process within operations – timescales to completion, housekeeping, cancellation of obsolete works-orders. Lead opportunities to improve the process.
- Provide absence cover within the supply chain department as required.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience;
- Knowledge of enterprise resource planning software (ERP) and third party logistics handling systems.
- Experience of inventory data analysis, problem identification and resolution.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to meet deadlines, time manage and prioritise workloads.
- Essential to have good computer skills - Intermediate level of Excel required.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
In return AAK offer:
- A competitive salary
- Company pension 3% Employee, 5% employer.
- UK Healthcare scheme.
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays.
- Bonus scheme.
- Investment in training and development.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.