PRODUCTION OPERATOR-Port Newark, NJ
AAK has been Making Better Happen for 150 years.
Visit us at www.aak.com
Join our global Production Team at Port Newark!
Everything we do is about Making Better Happen within the Chocolate & Confectionary, Bakery, Dairy, Candles, Plant-Based Foods, Special Nutrition, Foodservice and Personal Care industries. AAK specializes in plant-based and organic oils that are sourced sustainably. AAK innovates new formulas and provides ingredients to major manufacturers to make chocolate silkier, plant-based burgers juicer, bakery products and pizza crusts flakier and crispier, and candles burn better.
At the heart of AAK is our Passionate, Collaborative, Accountable and Agile team Making Better Happen. We are innovating and manufacturing ingredients for food products that people love to consume, candles, personal care products like lotions and lip balms, even infant nutrition formula and adult specialty nutrition drinks.
Join our 3,900 colleagues throughout the world who are dedicated to Making Better Happen with diversity and inclusion, community relations and environmental responsibility.
AAK in 60 Seconds - Play Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tomfOX1x2q4
We are currently seeking to hire a Production Operator for our Port Newark, NJ vegetable oil manufacturing facility. The Production Operator is involved with the successful daily operation of the facility on a 7-day a week rotating shift basis. This requires attention to detail, good record keeping and the safe and efficient operation of equipment. This position is responsible for production and deliveries of refined vegetable oil, the routine housekeeping of the refinery and basic maintenance repairs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- After training you will be expected to have the ability to operate all stations within the production department including: - Deodorization, Hydrogenation, Intresterification, Bleaching, Blending and the loading of tank wagons, railcars and packaging. Completing all required documentation and oil analysis.
- Must complete all training requested of you.
- Assist the shift Leader in any tasks and duties required to meet production schedules and deliveries.
- Assist other refinery operators in tasks requiring additional manpower.
- Perform housekeeping support to refinery and roads and grounds as directed.
- Assist maintenance employees with their tasks as able and as requested.
- Use the forklift and other company tools and equipment in proper and safe method.
- Perform designated minor maintenance tasks using hand tools.
- Communicate effectively with the shift supervisor on issues and problems that may occur.
- Leave your worksite in the best condition possible anticipating a busy day.
- Use the computerized work order system and put in work orders for the shift supervisor to evaluate.
- Participate in company activities such as; Safety Committee, Audit committees, employee task forces, etc. Contribute to the effort in controlling costs and minimizing wastage in pursuit of your daily work.
- Support goal of minimum part sparing consistent with production goals and local vendor support services.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Strong problem solving and math skills
- Strong equipment troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), time management and organizational skills
- 2-3 years in related field or related experience in manufacturing facility.
- Computer literate(Windows Office, email)
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship
AAK promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status and any class of discrimination under state and federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.
AAK Making Better Careers Happen™
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.