FOOD SERVICE SALES ZONE MANAGER - MID ATLANTIC REGION
FOOD SERVICE SALES ZONE MANAGER - MID ATLANTIC REGION
AAK Foodservice is a division of AAK Foods, a Swedish based world class provider of value-added specialty vegetable oils and fats. AAK Foodservice provides a portfolio of foodservice products formulated with the finest, hand-selected ingredients and the highest quality standards to produce. We are a team of real people serving and supporting our customers. Our focus is on building the trust on which lasting relationships are built and critical to providing our customers with enduring value.
We are currently looking for our next super star to join our team as our Mid-Atlantic Foodservice Sales Zone Manager. This is a position that works in a customer-focused team environment and is responsible for developing and accelerating the growth of foodservice distributors as well as regional chain accounts within the Mid-Atlantic Zone comprised of (4) states (MD, PA, DC, VA). This requires a “sales hunter” who would like to make an immediate impact building a growing business. The position will employ a consultative based selling process, a value-added approach to pricing and profitability, and utilize a stage-gate approach to new product development and commercialization. This position will leverage marketing, branding and promotional activities and apply deep knowledge of the foodservice marketplace to accelerate AAK Foodservice growth.
The Zone Manager will manage foodservice brokers and have a pivotal role in accelerating the growth of our current business and expand into additional geographies. The position requires strong general operating knowledge and the ability to consider and advise on a multitude of issues from a functional perspective. A high Emotional Intelligence (EQ), a compelling leadership style that fosters employee engagement and impeccable ethics are critical to success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Annual Business Plan
- Achieve and/or exceed Annual Business Plan Gross Contribution Profit (KPI #1) and Unit Volume (KPI #2) for targeted zone and accounts.
- Develop and successfully execute sales plans, actions, and processes to grow market share with existing customers and gain new customers/business.
- Develop and deploy a disciplined approach to managing development of customer relationships and a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Develop highly collaborative and sustainable relationships with senior management of strategic customers.
- Provide market intelligence and drive geographic expansion of the broadline and independent distribution business as well as regional chain accounts through selection and development of key customer relationships.
- Provide insight about and drive product portfolio expansion through selection and elopment of key customer relationships.
- Inspire and provide contributions to sales team that results in high performing, highly engaged team through your leadership and demonstrated commitment.
- Leverage customer innovation to drive growth with strategic targets by providing value add solutions.
- Demonstrate macro understanding of market demand for products through accurate, detailed assessments of competitor strategies/tactics, customer strategies, and other market dynamics.
- Business Management and Sales Reporting
- Responsible for forecasting monthly sales volume via Demand Planning, Monthly /Quarterly Business Reviews, and development of Annual Business Plan.
- Maintain and update CRM system (Sales Toolbox) for contacts, complete 10-12 weekly call reports using Sales Toolbox on the most meaningful customer activities and customer projects for each sales person.
- Maintain and update sales pipeline to communicate customer requirements to cross-functional teams for S&OP (sales & operations planning) and customer innovation implementation.
- Provide coaching to achieve and/or exceed annual business plan Gross Contribution Profit.
- External Customer Coordination
- Maintain an annual calendar of proposed distributor food shows, total marketing spend and ensure required financial return on investment is realized.
- Complete financial analysis and return on investment for customer marketing programs to determine feasibility for annual marketing program approval.
- Review customer requirements with sales team and manage successful execution of programs with AAK Foodservice cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with a major in business or science. B.S or M.S. in Food Science and/or M.B.A. is a plus.
- 8+ years in progressively increasing responsibilities of sales and sales leadership of foodservice products sold to foodservice distributors and regional chain accounts.
- Residency in the Mid-Atlantic region is required
- Passion for coaching and developing a remote sales force through daily interaction, Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews
- Ability to leverage key relationships with broadline/independent distributors and regional chain account to gain opportunities for growth
- Expertise in developing cohesive strategic and tactical sales plans using fact-based market research (i.e. Technomic)
- Strong proficiency of P&L statement and understanding of key drivers to improving profitability
- Proven ability to engage customer base and drive growth of a business
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability for developing and contributing to cross-functional team work
- Ability to work in a consistently fast-paced, changing environment.
- Pioneering disposition with superior energy, tenacity and resilience to drive change
- Experience selling private label solutions and branded products
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Expert knowledge and use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.
AAK Foodservice is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to workforce diversity. EOE. M/F/D/V.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.