Senior Staff Software Engineer
Great Tech! Great Team! Great Culture!
Standing at the critical junction between your network and your applications, A10 is a leader in secure application services. Our solutions protect and optimize application performance in a world of many clouds.
Are you up for the challenge?
Join us and make your impact on the future as our next…
SENIOR STAFF SOFTWARE ENGINEER SF Bay Area
A10 is a great place to work on the latest and hottest technologies in the data center and cloud. A well designed, powerful base platform allows for rapid development of top notch products in the application delivery and network security space. And a friendly, non-political and strong engineering team provides the satisfaction of learning new technology and developing products at a rapid pace.
A10 Networks is seeking talent to join the Software Engineering team – someone who is motivated to deliver industry leading system software for data center appliances, cloud and security solutions.
A10 Networks is looking for Staff Software Engineer with excellent problem solving and programming skills to help in the design and implementation of cutting edge software products. In addition to being a strong engineer, you must be a great team player and exhibit superior communication skills.
- Responsible for designing and developing advanced hardware accelerated SSL offloading software and features.
- Design and implement advanced SSL inspection technology and software.
- Responsible for designing and developing advanced layer 4 to 7 networking software and features, including but not limited to Policy Based networking, Bandwidth management, Authentication, Service Chaining, Multi Service Platforms, and Virtualization.
- Experience with common L7 protocols such as HTTP and HTTPS, and data plane performance analysis and tuning experience is a plus.
- Strong programming skills with C/ C++/ Python is needed.
- Good understanding of SSL protocol and PKI infrastructure.
- Good understanding and knowledge of TCP/IP networks.
- Strong skills in large-scale software design and development in Unix/ Linux environments.
- Experience with multi-core/multi-threaded programming is desired.
- MS plus 3 or BS plus 5 years or PhD with 3 years in CS/CE or equivalent.
A10 Networks is an equal opportunity employer and a VEVRAA federal subcontractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. A10 also complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.