Media Director / Group Media Director - Digital Investment
22squared is looking for an Media Director - Digital Investment. This position will be a critical leadership role within the entire department, as well as leading the Digital Media strategies for a key automotive brand. The person must have direct, hands-on experience leading teams that execute Search, Social and Programmatic strategies. You should be equal parts strategic and activation-oriented. As a key leader within the department, you will be aiding in crafting staffing plans, process and agency-wide POVs.
- In partnership with media team leadership, aid in the development of overall client strategy as it relates to digital media - programmatic, paid search and paid social, as well as data and audience strategy.
- Manage execution of data strategy and and consult and utilization of audience activation through AdTech products (DMP, LiveRamp, DSPs, retargeting, etc.).
- Develop and manage audience and media testing roadmaps across programmatic, SEM and paid social
- Provide strategic guidance to overall media team as well as buyers on all biddable media in order to ensure flawless activation strategies
- Develop and conduct media partner RFPs and partner evaluation scorecards for programmatic media vendors
- Develop client POVs on strategies and approaches to the ongoing changing landscape of digital media
- Own leading client digital media strategy and managing the activation team; Partner with Media leadership to do so with success.
- Creates a positive working environment and fosters an overall team approach
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of client business, from both current and historical perspectives
- Works collaboratively across departments (brand planning, social media, creative, client leadership etc.) to develop the strategic design for innovative media plans
- Fosters strong agency-vendor relations to develop comprehensive media plans that successfully accomplish client goals
- Consistently bring new media and technology ideas to the team for application and brainstorming while also helping ensure that the 22squared Digital Investment team is connected with the larger Media community.
- Maintains overall control of work-flow and assigned team responsibilities within the group -- oversees the progress of all projects
- Provides strategic analysis of plans to determine impact and overall outcome of all measurable variables such as sales, guest/traffic counts, average check, lift in measurable brand attributes, awareness, advocacy, etc.
- Stimulates team productivity and growth by allocation of assignments which combine to make productive and effective use of each person’s skills, as well as motivating their interests and challenging their minds
- Participates in new business pitches, development and gathering of case studies.
- 10+ years experience in a digital media planning / activation capacity
- 4+ years of management
- Experience in strategy and execution of digital media - programmatic digital, mobile, SEM, and paid social
- Expert-level expertise in SA360 required; Must have additional expert-level experience in at least 1 DSP and Facebook Ads Manager
- Experience in execution of self-serve programmatic buying and leading a team of programmatic traders is required
- Experience in data strategy and usage of a Data Management Platform or Customer Data Platform is a plus
- High level of comfort presenting to senior clients and senior internal team members
- Exposure and usage of marketing technology and tools (AdServers / CM360, LiveRamp, etc.)
- Thrives on and enjoys the new business cycle and process
- High level of energy and enthusiasm to learn and grow
- Experience managing team projects from ideation to execution
- Highly organized and process oriented