Security Analyst - Entry Level
Job Title: Security Analyst (Entry Level)
Location: Kansas City, MO
Clearance Required: Eligible for a USDA Security Clearance (US Citizenship required)
ABOUT 1901 GROUP:
1901 Group provides IT services through the use of an integrated cloud-based platform that enables monitoring, management, and optimization of IT environments that span on-premise, co-location, and cloud computing environments. Our “as a service” model (XaaS) embeds all of the people, processes and technology necessary to deliver highly efficient IT services on a 24x7x365 basis.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
1901 Group, LLC Cyber Security Operations invites resumes for a full-time, exempt position with benefits and further training opportunities. As an entry level position, we are looking for an individual who can show applicable experience, related knowledge, and the ability to learn quickly. The Cyber Security Analyst (SA) will utilize the customer’s in-house risk assessment approach and project management/system development lifecycle methodologies to identify, document, analyze, and recommend prevention and/or remediation strategies. Additionally, the SA will champion for enhanced risk management through security awareness, optimized policies, procedures, and processes, and the use of automation where possible.
- Participate in project design analysis for security related risks
- Determine the likelihood of occurrence and magnitude of harm to network gear, operating systems, COTS applications, and in-house custom applications
- Participate in network security assessments, providing an appropriate prevention recommendation or remediation strategy
- Plan, schedule, and execute integrated technical testing, when needed, to confirm risk and/or validate proposed remediation
- Present findings of identified risks, written or verbally, to all levels (both internal management and external customers)
- Experience and /or knowledge in an enterprise network operations environment
- Experience using the appropriate presentation materials to cover technical and non-technical information across all levels of an organization – technical and business
- Knowledge in networking fundamentals (OSI, TCP/IP, ARP, Ethernet, switching and routing, etc)
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of firewall and proxy technologies
- Knowledge of vulnerability management technologies
- Knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Knowledge of Protocol analysis techniques (Wireshark, etc)
- Experience performing risk assessments for both network environments and application systems
- Knowledge of the changing threat landscape (advanced persistent threats, threat actors, cybercrime)
- Knowledge of monitoring various US-CERT threat portals and other credible sources for cyber threat information
- Basic knowledge of IT regulation and compliance standards such as NIST 800-53, FISMA A-123, ISO
- Ability to work within a team
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field such as Information Technology, Information Assurance, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering OR equivalent experience in a technical area.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
Desired: Network+,, Sec+, CCNA, Platform Certifications (Microsoft, Linux, , etc)
Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area with overhead lighting. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time.
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.