Jr. Software Engineer
Job Title: Jr. Software Developer
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Clearance Required: Eligibility for a Government Agency Specific Clearance
**This position posting is representative of opportunities expected to be available in the near future**
ABOUT 1901 GROUP:
1901 Group provides IT services through the use of an integrated cloud-based platform that enables monitoring, management, and optimization of IT environments that span on-premise, co-location, and cloud computing environments. Our “as a service” model (XaaS) embeds all of the people, processes and technology necessary to deliver highly efficient IT services on a 24x7x365 basis.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Jr. Software Developer will be a key member of the 1901 Group Engineering Team, supporting software architecture, design, development, and modernization efforts for migrating large scale enterprise workloads from traditional platforms to current cloud and containerization technologies. The Software Developer will be part of an established, successful team leading the way for cloud transformation in commercial and federal spaces.
• Support analysis, architecture, design, development, testing, and release of key functionality for large scale custom software projects to meet customer requirements and take advantage of new technologies including containerization and cloud elasticity.
• Develop custom software systems within a modern, automated Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment environment configured for automated code build, test, and deployment.
• Support evaluation of systems architectures and code for performance and security issues, and suggest best practice remediation approaches to ensure highly performant and secure deployed applications.
• Collaborate in a team environment with other junior and mid-level software developers to complete software architecture, design, and development projects.
• Provide Team Lead with technical and schedule input to ensure project activities are transparent and closely controlled.
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• 1+ Years of experience with software architecture and design using common tools and approaches such as UML, design patterns, and other industry best practices.
• Experience with deploying software to Linux and Windows servers, common application servers such as JBoss, Weblogic, and Tomcat
• Experience with database design schemas and data modeling.
• Familiarity with design and development of microservices.
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs, JSON, AJAX, XHTML, and SOAP
• Familiarity with common IDEs such as Eclipse or NetBeans, and CICD tools such as GitLab, Jira, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Jenkins, SonarQube, and others.
• Background and in-depth knowledge of network, cloud and application monitoring/management tools is a big plus.
• Exposure to development for Oracle middleware (WebLogic, Fusion, etc.) a plus.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT STATEMENT: None
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.