BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD
REPORTING TO DATA SERVICES MANAGER
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our seven development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, HARDlight, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours, even more so with everyone working remotely during COVID-19…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our online gaming nights and free SEGA games on Steam
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride to work scheme. You can find your zen with our weekly virtual yoga classes as well as online physical therapy with our masseuse.
- We hold regular company updates to keep everyone in the loop and we stay connected with social events like virtual pub quizzes and art workshops
- We support your learning & development with access to online courses through Udemy, and webinars and resources on mental health and financial wellbeing
- When you’re in the virtual office, we’ll make sure you have everything you need when it comes to tech/furniture, and we pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of your home office
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
This is exciting opportunity to join a leading games publisher as a Data Developer.
You will be responsible for analysis and reporting on game analytics data for SEGA’s exciting portfolio of games. In this role, you will work closely with all areas of the business to ensure a joined-up data strategy and provide analysis and insight into SEGA’s games and consumers.
You will also be heavily involved in future SEGA data strategies, including building real-time data workflows, and initiatives around how we effectively communicate with our consumers based on the data we collect.
This a fantastic chance to work in an exciting, fast paced environment in a well-established and thriving games publisher.
As a key member of the data team, you will provide detailed analysis and reporting on a variety of areas focused around game analytics and the people who play them. You will need to effectively collaborate with fellow Data Developers and Data Scientists to help find solutions to complex data challenges.
As a highly skilled communicator, you will be presenting recommendations and findings to key stakeholders within the business, taking on feedback but also comfortable with defending challenges to your findings as appropriate.
You will collaborate with other members of the team, helping to update various databases, data warehouses, and systems responsible for importing, storing, and reporting on a variety of data sources.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable experience working within a data analysis role.
- A high-level knowledge of SQL and a working level knowledge of Python/Scala, plus experience in a cloud big data warehouse technology such as Amazon Redshift, Databricks, Snowflake.
- Experience of data visualisation packages such as Power BI / Tableau.
- Demonstrable experience synthesising a large amount of data into key themes and trends, spotting any anomalies, and building a comprehensive story.
- Advanced data modelling skills with experience of managing large and complex data sets
- Familiarity with data warehousing concepts.