Sr Security Researcher
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Position: Sr. Security Researcher
Location: Chandigarh, India
We are looking for Sr Security Researcher to join the Zscaler ThreatLabZ research team. The Researcher will be primarily responsible for doing malware analysis, exploit analysis, developing signatures and automating various processes. This requires an understanding of web/email protocols and security, online threats (botnets, exploit kits, client-side exploits, cyber crime), an analytic mindset and strong scripting/automation skills.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Analyze new malware threats and write new signatures
- Botnet and Exploit Kit research to ensure detection
- QA and improve existing signatures
- Develop automation scripts to aid in research and analysis tasks
- Write blog posts and papers related to threat analysis
- Log analysis to identify new threats
- 7-9 years of experience in security research
- Strong Reverse engineering skills
- Experience with Malware analysis - Dynamic & Static, Tools like – IDA Pro, Ollydbg, Wireshark etc.
- Experience writing IDS/IPS, YARA signatures
- Understanding of Windows internals and API calls.
- Programming: Shell, Perl, Ruby, or Python
- Strong understanding of web protocols and web application security
- Experience in research blogs and/or speaking engagements
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree from a four-year college or university (preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline), or equivalent security industry work experience
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.