Public Relations Director
*** Bay Area local candidates only. Relocation not included. Thanks! ***
Position: Public Relations Director
Location: San Jose, CA
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Reports to the VP, Global Communications
Zscaler is seeking a Director, Public Relations to join our growing communications team and lead PR. The ideal candidate will have a creative mindset, big ideas, strong judgment, a strategic mind, and a love for storytelling. He or she should have extensive media relations experience and a proven track record driving PR programs for pioneering technology companies by creating compelling narratives that resonate with top business and trade media.
The head of PR will partner with Zscaler executives and a wide range of teams to develop messaging and PR strategy and will be expected to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines. The role is responsible for PR in Americas, will help manage global PR, and will gain more global responsibilities as the company grows. The candidate must be a strong collaborator who can manage people to grow and build teams to scale.
- Lead corporate, public sector, and various global PR programs.
- Define, develop, and drive PR strategy and programs that deliver awareness for Zscaler.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with journalists and influencers in business, trade and vertical media.
- Regularly interact with executive leadership to create compelling thought leadership narratives and to influence strategy and messaging in major launches and initiatives.
- Lead and manage PR agencies as part of the team, and build the internal team moving forward.
- Enable Zscaler employees to be ambassadors of the brand through an internal speaking enablement program.
- Partner closely with marketing and communications, senior leadership, sales, customer success and other functions.
- Manage PR operations including editorial calendar, content, execution and reporting.
- 7-10 years of professional experience in communications, public relations and/or journalism; ideal candidates have a mix of agency/journalism and in-house experience.
- Passion for writing and verbal communications.
- Network of business and trade media contacts.
- Understanding of technology businesses and the ability to effectively communicate complex subject matter regardless of the channel/tactic/media.
- Demonstrated experience building PR campaigns that meet company goals and have measurable results.
- Ability to train others to think from a communications-first footing and to represent the company publicly.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves in a deadline-driven environment while managing teams and relationships with empathy and a positive attitude.
- Multilingual candidates are preferred.
- BA/BS in marketing, communications, journalism or a related discipline.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement?
If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team!
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.