Senior Big Data Administrator
Position: Senior Big Data Administrator
Location: San Jose, CA
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Applications have moved from the data center to the cloud and users are connecting to their workloads from everywhere, but security has remained anchored to the data center. Zscaler is redefining security by moving it out of the data center and into the cloud.
The Zscaler Cloud Security Platform uses software-defined business policies, not appliances, to securely connect the right user to the right application, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler offers two service suites. Zscaler Internet Access™ scans every byte of traffic to ensure that nothing bad comes in and nothing good leaks out. Zscaler Private Access™ offers authorized users secure and fast access to internal applications hosted in the data center or public clouds—without a VPN.
Zscaler services are 100% cloud delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances or hybrid solutions are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, the Zscaler multi-tenant, distributed security cloud protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss, enabling customers to embrace the agility, speed, and cost containment of the cloud securely.
Come and join our team and be a part of this exciting transformation to cloud-based security.
Zscaler's data engineering team is seeking a Senior Big Data Administrator. As a member of our group, you'll have the rewarding opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies to deliver and manage a platform that would be foundational to next gen security analytics.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Automate, deploy and operate data pipelines
- Implement facilities to monitor all aspects of data pipeline
- Administer and manage data in Spark and large-scale Hadoop environments with an emphasis on automation
- Troubleshoot and address operational issues as they come up
- Develop tools to monitor workload on Hadoop cluster and tune the cluster for improving data processing throughput
- Support and improve the build, delivery, and deployment pipeline of software developed in Java, Scala and Python
- 5+ years of Big Data Platform Administration experience
- Proficiency in data management and automation on Spark, Hadoop, and HDFS environments
- Proficiency in understanding various log files emitted by Hadoop and troubleshooting performance bottlenecks in the cluster
- Strong scripting skills for automating tasks (Python/Shell)
- Experience developing ETL pipelines
- Experience using Spark SQL
- Experience implementing and administering logging and monitoring tools such as Nagios, ELK
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience developing build and deployment automation
- Experience managing source in git (GitHub ops, branching, merging, etc) a big plus
- Experience in orchestration tools like Ansible
- Experience with ETL tools like Airflow
- Experience with SaaS operations
- Experience in CI build tools such as Gradle and Jenkins
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+ countries
- Blue Chip Customers (200 of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.