Network Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure
Position: Network Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure
Location: San Jose, CA or East Coast, US
NOTE: U.S. Citizenship is required for this position due to the nature of customers assigned to this role.
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Responsibilities - What You’ll Do:
- Daily work on switch configuration and network troubleshooting that includes Layer-2 and Layer-3
- Maintain daily Linux Servers operation to provide DNS, NTP, SSH, HTTPS services for internal use
- Resolve internal escalation tickets from Technical Support team related to Federal Government customers (FedRAMP)
- Follow documentation and process that is used in preparation, installation and wiring of systems
- Prepare install instructions for remote server and networking equipment installation and wiring
- Assists remote data center and contractor staff during the course of change and installation, then validate and update info to internal records
- Interface with vendors and contractors directly and via ticketing systems
- Attend team and vendor meetings to plan and schedule maintenance and repair work
- Server or network equipment component repair, replacement, software and firmware updates
- Occasional ability to travel (10%)
Qualifications - Your Background:
- 2+ years in Network Engineering/Operations
- Strong switch configuration experience (Arista/Cisco/Juniper, preferably Arista)
- Deep knowledge and experience with Linux operating systems, and Network equipment and the functions they perform
- Experience with computer networking and Data Center environments
- Organization skills and experience working with ticketing and inventory systems
- Experience with high-speed copper and fiber Ethernet switch network
- Experience with Ethernet LAN routing
- Deep knowledge and experience on DNS and NTP server setup and troubleshoot
- Familiar with Unix Shell scripting (Bash) for automation. Python is a plus
- RHCE, CCNA, JNCIA or related certification classes preferred
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight timelines and changing priorities.
- Experience with remote Data Center operations
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.