Software Engineer (BI Developer)
Role: Software Engineer (BI Developer)
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Zscaler IT department seeks a BI Developer to support IT, Sales, Finance/FP&A Departments. This position will work closely with key business partners across these departments to drive data visualizations (reports/dashboards) to bring insight and answers to business problems/KPIs.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand, define and document business applications, data sources/relationships, and needs (metrics, dimensions, charts and dashboards).
- Create KPIs, Reports, dashboards, and Analysis.
- Analyze and Identify new data sources as needed per stakeholder requirements.
- Assist in the design and documentation of data infrastructure and technologies.
Preferred experience and skills
- 7 years’ experience as a reporting or data analyst, reports writer or similar role with a strong understanding of SQL, and data modeling
- 4 years’ experience with contemporary data visualization technology (Tableau, Periscope, Domo, etc.)
- 2 years’ experience with contemporary business applications (Salesforce.com, NetSuite, Zendesk, etc.) and their reporting tools (and familiar with data model).
- 2 years’ experience with Adaptive Insights (data loading and administration)
- Experience with a subscription-based company, knowledgeable with cohort reporting, annual and monthly recurring revenue reports (ARR/MRR)
- Capable of investigating, familiarizing and mastering new data sets quickly.
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Computer Science, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills.
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.