Position: Proposal Writer
Location: San Jose, CA (Must be based in San Jose area)
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
You will work with sales teams, technical marketing engineers, product managers, and technical writers to help create responses to RFPs, RFIs, security assessments, and other pre-sales questionnaires. You will help maintain the database, coordinate with the sales team, and produce the final responses.
To do this you will build strong working relationships with the sales teams, local SMEs, and writing peers. You can draw responses from our database, but you will also track down additional information when requested. The responses must be consistent and high quality, as they represent Zscaler to our customers. You will therefore also rewrite & edit existing content and new content before it is added to the database. You must thrive in a necessarily deadline-driven environment with fluid priorities.
- Maintain content database, rewrite & edit content, coordinate answers, and research additional answers
- Work cross-functionally with SMEs in the Engineering, Field Support, Sales, Training, Compliance, and Product Management groups
- Maintain both consistency and very high quality
- Assist in defining standards, style, and terminology
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of experience in proposal writing or technical writing
- Excellent oral, written, analytic, and organizational skills
- Project management skills
- Can write articulate, persuasive prose
- Self-motivated and effective in a fluid, deadline-driven environment
- Must possess creativity and a sense of humor
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in proposal writing and proposal management
- Knowledge of network security, and web-based or mobile products
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement?
If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team!
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.