Senior Systems Engineer
Position: Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Chandigarh, India
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Its flagship services, Zscaler Internet Access, and Zscaler Private Access create fast, secure connections between users and applications, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler services are 100% cloud-delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, Zscaler operates the world’s largest cloud security platform, protecting thousands of enterprises and government agencies from cyber attacks and data loss. The Zscaler platform operates at a carrier-grade level– we process over 25 billion transactions a day in our cloud to protect our customers.
The Senior Systems Engineer will report to the Director of Cloud Operations Infrastructure who will be responsible for creating and deploying scalable systems and monitoring the massively growing infrastructure.
The Cloud Ops team is responsible for keeping the engines running at peak performance. On any given day, the Zscaler cloud processes tens of billions of transactions — scanning a petabyte of data — for 15 million users around the world. The transaction volume on the Zscaler cloud is growing significantly every quarter, yet the cloud’s overall stability just continues to improve, and that is directly attributable to the Cloud Ops team’s deep expertise and its dedication to reliability, availability, and scalability. To be a part of this team, you will, above all, need to share this dedication. And a sense of humor wouldn’t hurt.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do
- Design and deployment of our customer-facing Linux and BSD based systems infrastructure
- Create and deploy scalable systems and monitoring for massively growing global infrastructure
- Architect and implement automation for management of the cloud
- Contribute to OS packaging and distribution
- Develop, augment and maintain Ops documentation
- Resolve NOC escalations and help prevent reiteration of incidents creating NOC processes, procedures and automation
- Linux/UNIX system engineering (create and maintain highly scalable solutions)
- BS Degree and 7+ years experience in a Linux/UNIX System Administration/SysAdmin role
- Comfort and experience with Ops environment growing at a rapid scale
- Strong Linux/UNIX skills, BSD specific experience is a plus
- Scripting experience (bash, python, perl) required
- Experience maintaining and deploying systems and software in diverse environments
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot systems performance
- Solid Networking skills at layer 3 and above
- BS degree needs to be in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar discipline with an MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering preferred
What You Can Expect From Us
- An environment where you will be working on cutting-edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.