Practice Build Consultant
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative, and humble people that want to make a difference.
Position: Practice Build Consultant
Location: Sydney, Australia
The Practice Build Consultant (PBC) is a senior-level technical expert responsible for building pre-sales technical practices (and eventually post-sales delivery practices) within select channel partners to demonstrate the advantages of digitally transformative security models vs. outdated traditional network-centric approaches.
This role requires a deep understanding of both transformative cybersecurity strategy and traditional network security, as an additive layer over a strong foundational understanding of solutions’ integrator business models. Partner knowledge should include (but is not limited to) solutions architecture, familiarity with professional services delivery processes, referenceable network security architecture, and accelerated GTM best practices.
The key component of this role is educating our partners’ network & security practice leaders with the goal of ultimately embedding Zscaler into Partners’ existing GTM motions for low-touch / no-touch business.
Challenge our Partners to evolve their sales strategy and to evolve from a Network-Centric to App-and-User-Centric approach. PBAs evangelize and validate the Zscaler solution so that Partners may be able to communicate the importance of digital transformation strategy to their own customers.
Architecture workshops are a key part of the Zscaler sales process. Architecture workshops challenge and educate customers to prepare them for a world where users, applications, and data can reside anywhere. In addition to providing counsel to our partners in the creation of embedded services & practices, this role is responsible for helping our partners become ‘field-ready’ to lead architecture workshops with Zscaler solution architect teams.
* High-Level Design
Creating a Multi-year Transformation Roadmap with each Partner to map out business objectives, technical requirements, and Zscaler technology will be a primary responsibility of this role. PBAs will need to lay out the Deployment & Upsell framework for Partners’ pre-sales technical team and simplify the industry’s technology ecosystem story (and how Zscaler fits within that story).
*Glue between partner SE & Delivery teams
As trusted advisors, our partners propose technology solutions best fitting a customer’s needs. PBAs not only enable to fortify our partners’ presales efforts (architecture workshops, demonstrations, POV), but also their ability to deliver services. PBA’s will help coordination between Professional Services and partner to direct subbed services, and collaborate with internal Zscaler resources to ensure customer success in both subcontracted and partner-direct services.
Partners are asking Zscaler for help in creating GTM motions & practice around cloud security. We are looking for an industry expert who understands network security and cloud transformation. Ideally, this person has a systems integrator experience that will bring instant credibility to our focus partner community.
- Developing technical GTM with key practice stakeholders
- Building technical practices within assigned focus VARs, SP’s and SI’s
- Standing up Lab environments for partners to learn and demo customer use cases
- Enabling Partners’ pre-sales technical resources on our technology platform
- Potentially engaging in technical discussions with network security architects of large enterprises.
- Coordinating high-level technical workshops to gain agreement from diverse stakeholders
- Ensure direct communication & liaison with internal Zscaler teams to ensure partner has ample resources for success
- Clearly communicating the industry’s technology vendor ecosystem and how/where Zscaler’s unique value proposition fits inside that environment.
- Act as a subject matter expert and point of escalation as Partners learn to run POC’s autonomously.
- Assigned to Focus VAR’s, SP’s, and SI’s to build technical practices within these organisations.
- Stand up Labs and ‘Demo’ equipment within the VAR for learning and hands-on engagement. Example: ‘Advanced Technology Center’
- Train the Focus Partners’ field SE’s on our technology platform while equipping them with the knowledge and technical education necessary to execute marketing events, lunch & learns, etc.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of networking and security architectures and engage in technical discussions with network and security architects of large enterprises.
- Present both industry and Zscaler technical architecture as it relates to customers’ and prospects’ environment and technical requirements.
- Own the room and coordinate high-level technical workshops to gain agreement from diverse stakeholders and agendas.
- Leverage relationships to accelerate the sales cycle.
- Ensure the sales and customer success organizations are fully supported and have the necessary resources to be successful.
- Excellent knowledge and prior experience selling network security technologies including but not limited to: HTTP and web-related technologies, proxies, caches, firewalls, SSL/IPsec, VPN’s, DLP, anti-virus, spam, and spyware solutions (Gateway and SaaS)
- Strong understanding of how to navigate large enterprise organizational structures
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-departmental collaboration on strategic initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute on large, complex SaaS solution opportunities
- Experience managing executive-level relationships
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills and very engaging interpersonal skills
- Support Marketing with evangelism activities
- Able to travel and work effectively throughout the assigned territory
In return, we will invest in you, and your customers. You will be supported by a world-class team made up of some of the most prominent names in security who turn our customers into advocates and give you the skills you need to build a highly successful career.
Additionally, we will make every effort:
- To provide you with the best support, learning, and access to expertise in the marketplace.
- To invest in your personal and professional growth and reward you accordingly with competitive pay, benefits, and equity.
- And, provide you with an environment that is defined by collaboration.
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.