Principal Software Engineer (Virus/Malware Detection)
Position: Principal Software Engineer (Virus/Malware Detection)
Location: San Jose, CA
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 4,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
- You will develop software to detect and block different type of security threats including viruses, malware, etc
- You will be expected to participate in all phases of the product development cycle, from definition, design, through implementation and test
- 12+ years of software development experience.
- Proficiency in C programming language is required
- Strong in Algorithms and Data Structures
- Strong in fundamentals - High-performance Computing, Event-based programming, Memory optimization, Fault Tolerance et
- Experience with FreeBSD and Unix
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter takes initiative & ownership, identifies and completes tasks; goal driven
- Ability to work with remote teams, handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines
- You are a highly motivated, self-driven individual who relishes working in a startup environment
- Working experience in Security domain
- Knowledge of TCP-IP and networking protocols
- Knowledge of Databases
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.