Senior Professional Services Consultant
Role: Senior Professional Services Consultant
Shift: US, APAC, EMEA
Reports To: Sr. Manager - Professional Services
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centres to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
The Professional Services team at Zscaler helps customers properly deploy their Zscaler solutions. A Professional Services Consultant at Zscaler is a senior technical individual contributor who will design and configure network and systems configuration to enable customers to use the Zscaler cloud technologies. In this role, you will be a key resource, working hand-in-hand with the deployment team, sales, partners and customers, to provide professional consultancy services to ensure proper design, configuration, resiliency, and overall best practices are followed. And while experience on the company's platform is desired, even more important is having a solid foundation in networking and security technologies.
- Provide deployment services including best practice design, recommendations, and configurations
- Progress and uphold expertise in deploying advanced Zscaler product features and functionality
- Travel to customer locations to assist customers in short-term professional service engagements
- Ensure client needs are met and deliverables produced on time according as defined in the Statement of Work
- Migrate customers from legacy firewall technologies to Zscaler Platforms.
- Assist customers with testing or troubleshooting during the deployment. Escalate to support as required
- Reproduce customer issues to verify problems and document steps to replicate for Support, Engineering and Operations teams
- Become a Zscaler cloud services expert through self-study, company training, and a desire to excel
- Other duties or projects, as assigned
- 8+ years of prior work experience in similar positions (e.g. Professional Consultant, Solutions Architect, Technical Marketing Engineer or a Support Engineer).
- Minimum Education: Technical bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Experience deploying and maintaining large scale networking, firewall or security solutions in enterprise environments is important. Experience with Zscaler is very helpful.
- Able to learn and support cutting-edge technologies while context-switching.
- Strong understanding of how to navigate technical and architectural discussions.
- Comfortable talking about technical topics/issues with business people and business topics/issues with technical people; Able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences.
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills across internal and external organizations.
- Ability to travel to partner sites, conferences, and other related events as required.
- Professional experience architecting, and operating solutions built on (in order of preference): Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform and other leading cloud platforms.
- Experience with Hypervisors (in order of preference): VMware, Hyper-V, and KVM is essential.
- Industry certifications such as CCIE, JNCIE, PCNSE, CISSP or CCSP preferred.
- Effectively handle multiple projects and work calmly under pressure
- Working knowledge of authentication systems such as SAML, LDAP and MS Active Directory
- Deep understanding of IPSEC, GRE, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS protocols
- Experience with Proxy and SSL is essential.
- Understanding of cybersecurity technologies, protocols and applications.
- Versatile with using various operating systems including Windows, Mac, and GNU/Linux
- Hands-on knowledge with network troubleshooting using tools such as Wireshark, tcpdump, Traceroute, and MTR
What You Can Expect from Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values.
Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.