Site Reliability Engineer - Cloud Infrastructure
Position: Site Reliability Engineer - Cloud Infrastructure
Location: San Diego, CA
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Applications have moved from the data center to the cloud and users are connecting to their workloads from everywhere, but security has remained anchored to the data center. Zscaler is redefining security by moving it out of the data center and into the cloud.
The Zscaler Cloud Security Platform uses software-defined business policies, not appliances, to securely connect the right user to the right application, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler offers two service suites. Zscaler Internet Access™ scans every byte of traffic to ensure that nothing bad comes in and nothing good leaks out. Zscaler Private Access™ offers authorized users secure and fast access to internal applications hosted in the data center or public clouds—without a VPN.
Zscaler services are 100%
Come and join our team and be a part of this exciting transformation to cloud-based security.
Responsibilities/ What You'll Do:
- Design and deploy our
customer facingLinux and BSD based systems infrastructure
- Create and deploy scalable systems and monitoring for massively growing global infrastructure
- Architect and implement automation for management of the cloud
- Contribute to OS packaging and distribution
- Develop, augment and maintain Ops documentation
- Resolve NOC escalations and help prevent reiteration of incidents creating NOC processes, procedures and automation.
- Linux/UNIX system engineering (create and maintain highly scalable solutions
- Bachelor or Master Degree and 5+ years experience in a Linux/UNIX System Administration/SysAdmin role
- Comfort and experience with Ops environment growing at a rapid scale
- Strong Linux/UNIX skills, BSD specific experience is a plus
- Excellent scripting skills and experience (shell, bash, python,
perl) (Python preferred)
- Experience maintaining and deploying systems and software in diverse environments
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot systems performance
- Solid Networking skills at layer 3 and above
- Some travel is required
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar discipline with MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering preferred
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+ countries
- Blue Chip Customers (200 of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (
Follow Us on LinkedIn